Email

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
larsenbryn1

Email

Post by larsenbryn1 »

My email, which has been registered with my LDS account since I opened it, has started receiving tithing "submission" and "recorded" emails for someone else's donations. I still get the emails for my tithing, and the other donations are not recorded on my official tithing statements, but is there anything I can do to stop receiving these emails for someone else's tithing? I'm assuming that they messed up their email and that's why I'm receiving their statements, but I don't get any other emails for them.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Re: Email

Post by kisaac »

It should be corrected ASAP, as this is obviously a privacy issue, as well as an annoyance to both of you. Someone ISN'T getting the emails they may need.

This might be something for you to take up with your ward clerk, as the email might have been entered on the ward level, as it seems likely that someone was helping a ward member, and working off a list for the email...a list that you were also on, like your ward directory, and they just mistyped your email for theirs. And, your clerk could look at the emails you mistakenly received to try and identify a name, if it is in fact one of your ward members... (then you wouldn't need to look at those emails yourself- trying to maintain privacy.)
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

Something else to consider is if any family members (parents, siblings, etc) may also be using the same email address on their accounts by mistake?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

larsenbryn1 wrote:I'm assuming that they messed up their email and that's why I'm receiving their statements, but I don't get any other emails for them.
That is the most likely scenario. You might want to have family members check and see if one of them has your email address on their membership record.

Return to “Church Account”