Missionary App - Records not updated

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cchang

Missionary App - Records not updated

Post by cchang »

The missionaries are indicating they are still seeing old member records on their missionary app but I do not see it on LDS tools. Are the two apps sync’d together or why would there be a discrepancy between records between the two apps? How can we get the missionary app to sync so that the records are up to date?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Missionary App - Records not updated

Post by scgallafent »

They should be removed after the member records are moved and the missionaries sync their devices. If they are having trouble, they should contact the mission office for assistance.
cchang

Post by cchang »

I sync’d the app and the records are not removed. The app is called the Area Book Planner. I’m not sure why that app is not syncing with LDS tools. Is that the correct app name for the missionaries that are using the iPad tablets? I think they may be using a Samsung tablet with that app.
cchang

Post by cchang »

scgallafent wrote:They should be removed after the member records are moved and the missionaries sync their devices. If they are having trouble, they should contact the mission office for assistance.
What is the missionary app name that you are referring to?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Area Book Planner is a missionary application. The missionaries should be getting support from the mission office rather than asking a clerk to help troubleshoot the issue.
rontilby

Post by rontilby »

The Missionary Progress Record became available to the Ward Council in Sept. 2017 (see: https://www.lds.org/mls/mbr/report/progress-record)

The data for the report is pulled from the missionaries Area Book Planner database.

When the report became available, I noticed that there were out-of-date entries on the report. (Converts who had been baptized and moved out of the ward.) I repeatedly asked the Full-Time missionaries serving in my ward to clean up the data in their Area Book Planner database so that we could make effective use of the Missionary Progress Record in our Ward Council meeting. The missionaries were unable to remove the obsolete entries. I spoke with the mission office (Salt Lake City East Mission), they couldn't help. The missionaries asked their mission president, still no resolution.

In early January 2018, I contacted the Global Service Center regarding this issue, and they opened a service ticket (number INC05059740). The service ticket was "Escalated to the ICS from GSC: GSC01678380".

The obsolete data is still showing on the Missionary Progress Record, and the current missionaries in my ward have confirmed that they can't delete or change the obsolete data using their Area Book Planner application.

Perhaps if other wards and/or missionaries report this problem with the Missionary Progress record and the Area Book Planner application, the problem will get some attention and be fixed.
cchang

Post by cchang »

scgallafent wrote:Area Book Planner is a missionary application. The missionaries should be getting support from the mission office rather than asking a clerk to help troubleshoot the issue.
Is the Area Book Planner a Samsung or iPhone app? Does an android tablet have the LDS tools also?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Depending on the mission, missionaries may be using either Android or iOS devices. The missionaries would be using Area Book Planner for ward information and not LDS Tools.
niilo.kervinen

Post by niilo.kervinen »

Just to bring more attention to this issue: It still hasn't been fixed. Our missionaries nor the mission office have no idea how to get the Missionary Area Book app to be synched with what we now have, the Covenant Path function in LCR. I would love to hear if someone else has found a solution for the issue.
Cmanrogers

Post by Cmanrogers »

niilo.kervinen wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:55 am Just to bring more attention to this issue: It still hasn't been fixed. Our missionaries nor the mission office have no idea how to get the Missionary Area Book app to be synched with what we now have, the Covenant Path function in LCR. I would love to hear if someone else has found a solution for the issue.
The missionaries need to simply go into the Area Book app (now called the Preach My Gospel app) and mark an investigator to show on the Covenant Path Progress Report. Then any lessons and most other info they put in should show on LCR after syncing the PMG app.
Christian Rogers

Return to “Membership Help”