Unable to download notes and highlights

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
djdinut1

Re: Unable to download notes and highlights

Post by djdinut1 »

The latest version of Notes no longer has a Download option. Why was that eliminated?
bpurser

Post by bpurser »

I consider my scripture notes, received under inspiration, to be personal scripture. The thought of losing these thousands of comments to be very troubling. Please find a way to get this important export feature restored.
djdinut1

Post by djdinut1 »

I agree.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I suggest you post your desire to download notes as feedback on lds.org or within the application itself. Requesting changes to the software on this user-to-user tech support forum will not necessarily get the request to those with authority to direct the change. It is my understanding that all feedback is reviewed and forwarded to the appropriate groups, though you will likely not receive a personalized response.
djdinut1

Post by djdinut1 »

Does anyone have an answer for this question? I know some may say that all our notes are backed up on the Church servers, but that's not safe enough for me. I want a separate backup in case something happens on the Church's side.
djdinut1

Post by djdinut1 »

Before the recent changes in the functioning of the Notes section of my account on lds.org, there was "Download notebook" feature that was listed under Unassigned Items > Download > Include highlights > and then allowing the choice of a download format—DOCS, RTF, or Backup). It no longer shows up and I see no way to export or download my notes. Is there a way in the new version to export all my notes? Frankly, I'm not comfortable relying solely on the Church's servers for backup of notes that have taken me years to accumulate and attach to certain scriptures.
djdinut1

Post by djdinut1 »

Why has the recent update to the lds.org Notes section of my account been changed so that I can no longer download all of my notes. I was previously able to do so in DOC, RTF, or HTML. That feature is gone. Why? I'm not comfortable relying only on the Church's servers to keep notes I have accumulated for years and assigned to various related scriptures.
mevans

Post by mevans »

We don't know why they make the changes they make. The only thing you can do is submit "Feedback" regarding this change. It's possible they're not done with the changes and this will appear in the future. It's also possible they decided to no longer have this feature.
djdinut1

Post by djdinut1 »

Submit feedback where?
mevans

Post by mevans »

djdinut1 wrote:Submit feedback where?
Scroll to the bottom of the Notes page. You'll see the word "Feedback." Click on it.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”