Smart TVs?

Discussions about using TVs, projectors, laptops, tablets, smartphones, DVD Players and other media players in meetinghouses including standards, management, how to connect to them, proper use, and support.
craiggsmith

Smart TVs?

Post by craiggsmith »

We are going to get a couple new large TVs. Is there any reason to get a smart TV? Can you stream church videos directly through any of them?
Craig
South Jordan, UT
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Smart TVs?

Post by russellhltn »

Attempting to stream video via the meetinghouse internet is not advised - at least not under normal conditions. It's OK during stake conference when you turn off all the APs.

If you can find one that will play back from a memory device, and has a useable interface, that might be a consideration. (If you can figure out how to secure the storage.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craiggsmith

Re: Smart TVs?

Post by craiggsmith »

russellhltn wrote:Attempting to stream video via the meetinghouse internet is not advised - at least not under normal conditions.
Yes, I know, but it’s hard to get the word out to everyone, and sometimes you have unplanned situations. But I’m also thinking of things like baptisms where bandwidth isn’t an issue

I know there used to be the Roku channel but I think that went away, and I assume you’d have to have an account anyway. I assume there’s no other way?
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “Rich Media in Lessons and Training”