Assigning a Annotated member to a ministry family

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
garybryce

Assigning a Annotated member to a ministry family

Post by garybryce »

I have a Annotated member that I would like to assign to a ministry family. How can I do this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Assigning a Annotated member to a ministry family

Post by russellhltn »

I doubt if a annotated member can be assigned to be a Minister. I'm not sure if they can be assigned to be ministered to.

You may have to contact support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

I find this a little surprising as those with annotations are still members. We have a brother that has an annotation that he cannot work with youth or children but he should still be ministered too and I see no reason why he can't serve as a minister to carefully chosen members.

I am hoping this is an oversight rather than a policy. But as has been said many times on the forum, "we don't make the rules".
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I hadn't heard anything about how those kinds of situations are supposed to be handled. I tend to suspect that the annotations may not be "computer readable" in the sense that the programmers can make rules depending on the situation. That would force them into treating everyone with an annotation as if they were a threat to all members.

It will be interesting to see what support has to say.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Members with annotations will be limited in some ministering assignments -- typically those involving families with children.

I know there is one issue that came up last week with annotations and ministering assignments that may turn out to be a bug once the developer gets in to look at it.

Return to “General Discussions”