Login Help needed for teen's account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Lehcarjt

Login Help needed for teen's account

Post by Lehcarjt »

Several years ago, the kids in our ward were taken to the Fam Hist Center and walked through setting themselves up on FamilySearch. My daughter set up a login/password that she (of course) promptly forgot.

She now needs to get into family search for a project that is due later this week. When I tried to set her up from scratch, LDS.org gave me a message saying there was already an account in place. When I tried to do account recovery using her Member ID and birth date, I got this message: "Either the MRN and/or Birth Date is not valid or the account does not exist."

What do I do now? Her member ID is straight from the ward clerk.

Thanks.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Login Help needed for teen's account

Post by jonesrk »

One thing you can do is look in your LDS Tools and you can double check the MRN and her birth date, to make sure what you are entering matches what the system has.

Return to “Church Account”