New LDS.org headers, study tools gone

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
mevans

New LDS.org headers, study tools gone

Post by mevans »

It looks like the church has released a redesigned header for web pages since yesterday. This seems to have broken study tools, as they aren't appearing on the scriptures or general conference talks for me anymore. Conference talks now have several horizontal bars for menus, which take up a lot of screen space. I don't know if I'm on A/B testing or if everyone sees these changes. I hope the problems get fixed soon.
mevans

Re: New LDS.org headers, study tools gone

Post by mevans »

I did find if I go to the new Gospel Library (https://www.lds.org/languages/eng/lib) that some things work for me there, but I still have the problem that I get errors on some pages.
DaisyGrammy

Post by DaisyGrammy »

something has changed overnight and I can no longer bookmark, or highlight anything in my scripture study. I hope this can be resolved soon!!
It appears the study tools are gone.
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

The best thing we can do to relay these concerns and issues is to submit feedback via the link on the bottom of each page having any issue.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The engineers are aware of it. They just headed into a meeting about it a few minutes ago.
lorinhardy

Post by lorinhardy »

Same problem here. I think I like the old header better...and the ability to add notes on everything, including conference talks.
mevans

Post by mevans »

It looks like they fixed the study tools. I can see and take notes again; however, the "Save to your Study Notebook" bubble now pops up on every page, every time. Maybe there's a cookie that tracks this message that's no longer being saved?
kjhubnik

Post by kjhubnik »

Mine is still not working,l I am unable to highlight or take notes, hoping it get's fixed soon.
mevans

Post by mevans »

kjhubnik wrote:Mine is still not working,l I am unable to highlight or take notes, hoping it get's fixed soon.
Have you tried both the "new experience" and the "old experience"? Does either of those work for you?
hccarey

Post by hccarey »

Links to my study tools will not come up today.
study tools.png
(47.38 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Attachments
study tools.png
(47.38 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”