Tithing Settlement and Boundary Changes

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
HansG

Tithing Settlement and Boundary Changes

Post by HansG »

Hello, I'm wondering if the information found here:
https://www.lds.org/help/support/financ ... s?lang=eng

is still relevant. The pages says it was last updated in March 2014. I have been told that now donation records will follow members when they move to another ward, which should remove the need to print and distribute Tithing Settlement Statements (or other donor statements) in conjunction with a boundary realignment.

Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Tithing Settlement and Boundary Changes

Post by russellhltn »

hansg wrote:I have been told that now donation records will follow members when they move to another ward
Maybe. It will if the MRN has been connected to their donation record. If not, then they're stuck in the old ward and you'll need to follow those procedures.

There are various reasons why the MRN might not get associated. I think the most common is the new member donates in the ward before their membership record arrives. Once the donor record is created (triggered by the donation) there's a good chance there won't be any followup to connect it to the membership record.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Re: Tithing Settlement and Boundary Changes

Post by eblood66 »

I would at very least go to the Tithing Settlement portion of LCR Finance and generate a PDF with all non-online donor statements and year end statements and retain them. Then they will be available if anybody requests them.

However, it might be good to first check the non-member donors in the Participant list in LCR and add any missing MRNs. That would minimize the problem russellhltn mentions.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”