Signing in with safari but sends me to APP!!

carrie23me

Signing in with safari but sends me to APP!!

Post by carrie23me »

I’m frustrated because many many times I go to my iPhone X safari to log into my LDS log in for family search.orh and then it sends me to the family search app. I don’t want to use the app very much. I don’t like the style and it doesn’t do all the things like online.

So then I go back to safari and the LDS log in screen is there but it’s shaded out so I can’t log in.

I click the refresh and in sent to lds.org. It’s very frustrating.
What should I do
Carrie
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Signing in with safari but sends me to APP!!

Post by sbradshaw »

Where are you signing in from, when you want to use FamilySearch? Do you start at FamilySearch.org, then choose "Sign In" from the More menu? I tried that and didn't get redirected to the FamilySearch Tree app (I do have the app installed, but it kept me in Safari).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
toddmpowell

Post by toddmpowell »

The reply from sbradshaw is correct. If you are using safari and go to familysearch.org and then login, Safari will keep you in the web client and not redirect to the mobile app. That is how it is designed to work from Apple. If you get an email or a text with a URL to familysearch.org/person and a few other specific URLs, it will redirect to the app, because that is what most iOS users that have installed the app want to do. So it works for both the web user and the mobile app users.
Family Search Mobile Team
lynnst

Post by lynnst »

There are few things you can try that should prevent you from going to the app:
  • - If you are tapping a link to go to FamilySearch.org from an external source (like an email or even a note on your device) you can long press the link and it will give you the option to "Open in Safari" or to "Open in 'Family Tree'". Selecting to open in Safari will actually disable all deep linking into the Family Tree app.
    - When you return to Safari and the login page is grayed out, you should still be able to tap on the FamilySearch logo at the top of the screen and it will keep you in Safari.
    - Last resort, but will definitely work, if you really prefer the mobile web experience, you can delete the app and then you'll never get redirected there.

Return to “FamilySearch Products”