Is the Church Satellite System capable of HD?

Discussions around the satellite system and video distribution.
aaronrsmith

Re: Is the Church Satellite System capable of HD?

Post by aaronrsmith »

We used some SDI<->HDMI adapters to run SDI over existing coax to the pulpit. The sound is still the regular building sound configuration and it works great. We will try the mono audio mode for hdmi connection to our video switch where the hdmi audio would be used.

Is the HDMI out port of the satellite receiver still configured with HDCP enabled, or has that been turned off? We can use an HDMI splitter to remove HDCP, but it's nicer not to have it in the first place.
daveg123

Re: Is the Church Satellite System capable of HD?

Post by daveg123 »

This change to HD happened sooner than I thought it would. The frame is now 1080i.

HDCP is enabled on the HDMI output, I've seen issues with a Blonder Tongue HD modulator that will not pass an HDCP-encrypted signal. One way around this is to use the component outputs on the receiver, which support 1080i.

As mentioned earlier, the HDMI audio feed on most North American receivers will be English (left channel) and Spanish (right channel), which you'll have to work around if you decide to use HDMI as your audio source. Someone posted instructions on mapping the audio feed of choice to HDMI L+R earlier in this discussion.

Return to “Satellite”