Xerox Phaser 3320 - junk

Discussions about setup, operation, and maintenance of these devices in meetinghouses other than a FHC
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Xerox Phaser 3320 - junk

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:It can be viewed here.
So it is. You just have to advance to the one hour mark. I had been fooled by the countdown pre-roll.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

So I met the Xerox field tech at the meetinghouse and hung around for about two hours while he played with the machine. His final diagnosis is the printer is designed to ignore the bypass tray unless tray 1 is removed and that to the best of his recollection every printer he has ever worked on was like this. I showed him that the printer in the other office didn't work that way and he said he would check around. That was the last I have heard from Xerox.

The IP management software is still broken too
joelearl

Post by joelearl »

I was able to get the behavior I wanted (pull from bypass tray if something is in it, otherwise pull from tray one) by setting the driver default to use the bypass tray.

On Windows 7, open "Devices and Printers". Right click on the printer icon. Select "Printing preferences". On the "Xerox Phaser 3320 XPS Printing Preferences" window, select the "Paper" tab. In the "Paper Options" section, set "Source" to "Bypass Tray".

My theory is that they buy whatever is cheapest, so we wind up with whatever was on clearance that month. We have to keep in mind that the consequent grief is a First World problem.
raddy1

Post by raddy1 »

If you go into the menu on the machine: Setting for media trays: Bypass
Bypass mode: On
Paper Type: Cardstock
Paper size: Letter
We only use it to print certificates because tray 1 curls them up bad. Oh yeah, open up the back paper outlet.
When you print set tray select to auto and paper type as cardstock. Works for us.
nweidler

Post by nweidler »

has anyone been able to get these printers to connect and stay connected to the wifi in a church building? We got two of these a few months ago and I haven't been able to get them to stay connected for more than a week. Currently I can't get them to connect at all. I've searched the xerox website and other forums. Does anyone who has had luck have any advice?
waynejwerner

Post by waynejwerner »

A few years later, but I came across a post here: http://forum.support.xerox.com/t5/Print ... d-p/177433
The driver will always print to the regular tray and the bypass is used when the job is programmed for what is in it, which typically is something abnormal to plain white Letter. So if you were to set the driver to print on "labels" and the printer bypass tray is loaded with Labels (Programmed as such) then the Auto select would work in the driver as long as Labels was set.
So, a little crazy, I think, but that's why it does what it does.
slmsz20

Post by slmsz20 »

The Xerox printers I've seen in the Wards have generally been hard to work with. I know the church has a contract with Xerox, more for the copiers than the printers (don't get me started on copier issues), but the desktop printers are just not good.

My first suggestion if you are stuck with one of these is don't connect it wirelessly, I have managed printers at my work for years and wireless printers will fail a lot. Get a cheap ethernet switch (you can get them for less than $10 now), and connect the printer to the physical network. I use a special print server to get airprint to work on them, but it is no longer updated (and most new printers have builtin airprint functionality anyway).
sms239

Post by sms239 »

slmsz20 wrote:The Xerox printers I've seen in the Wards have generally been hard to work with. I know the church has a contract with Xerox, more for the copiers than the printers (don't get me started on copier issues), but the desktop printers are just not good.

My first suggestion if you are stuck with one of these is don't connect it wirelessly, I have managed printers at my work for years and wireless printers will fail a lot. Get a cheap ethernet switch (you can get them for less than $10 now), and connect the printer to the physical network. I use a special print server to get airprint to work on them, but it is no longer updated (and most new printers have builtin airprint functionality anyway).
What brand/model of print server are you using for airprint?

Thanks
tasipalet

Post by tasipalet »

Twelves Ward in my Stake,All that twelves Ward don't have a photo copy printer to make copy of receipts for the Audit,
If we could ask you for your help please to deliver all that photo copy printer for the work of the Lord please for the twelves unit in my Stake Upolu Samoa Saleilua Stake That would be nices please
They really need that photo copy printer to use please.

Thank you very much
unit number 524727
phone number 7209780 \ 7579601

Return to “Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices”