Registration for child under 13

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
leslielynnbaker

Registration for child under 13

Post by leslielynnbaker »

I am trying to register my 11 year old for an account so he can do family history. Because he is under age I must receive and give consent. I signed him up last week and did not receive the consent email. So, this morning I signed him up again, received the consent email but when I clicked on it it said it was expired. No email has ever been sent to him. I am assuming because there is no consent. I cannot start over as it says his membership number has already been used. But, I can't log him in as it says that either the username or password is invalid. I don't know what to do. I think this is all a consent issue but can't give my consent as the page said expired.
Leslie
pete.arnett

Re: Registration for child under 13

Post by pete.arnett »

The following is a link to "Creating an account for a child to use FamilySearch.org" information
https://familysearch.org/ask/productSup ... 1813669306

"...Children ages 8–12 years old can register with parental permission, which is obtained during the registration process. Only a parent or legal guardian can legally authorize a child to register for FamilySearch.org."
jmavy

Post by jmavy »

I am having the same problem. I helped my child create an account. I opened the link to authorize the account from my phone as soon as I received it and the page said the link was already used or expired. Now my child can't log in because the account is created not activated.
lohengrinh

Post by lohengrinh »

le saque cuenta a mis hijos pero perdi el papel donde anote el usuario y contraseña, como puedo recuperarla
Tomasso77

Post by Tomasso77 »

I following all the steps to open a new account for My Son [name and age deleted]. I need to give him a consent and I enter my email address.
I never receive back a email from family search to give my consent. its been a week a noting yet. what is the delay ?
Last edited by lajackson on Sun May 19, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal information removed. This is a public forum.
mikermcnabb

Post by mikermcnabb »

We have three youth in our ward under 13 who get the same message. When we open the link to authorize the account immediately after sending the email, it says that the link is expired. How can we override this message?
denbaj

Post by denbaj »

We have found this problem often when parents use their email to try to give consent for their child under 13. In this case, if you phone the FamilySearch help number (1-866-406-1830 open 24/7, think: 1-866-April 6, 1830) they will be able to fix it. To avoid this issue for others who may not have signed up their child yet, it is easiest to add the parent's membership number instead of their email.
denbaj

Post by denbaj »

lohengrinh wrote:le saque cuenta a mis hijos pero perdi el papel donde anote el usuario y contraseña, como puedo recuperarla
Si no ha encontrado como hacerlo, en el primer pagina, puede tocar que olvido el usuario. Cuando la proxima pagina pide un numero de telefono movil, hay una flecha a la derecha donde ud. puede escoger "numero de cedula de miembro SUD". Ponga el numero de su hijo y sigue las instrucciones. Se puede encontrar el numero de cedula de miembro SUD en lds.org en el directorio o pide al secretario en su barrio or rama.

Return to “Church Account”