Remote work

Interested in working for the Church? Ask questions and discuss opportunities with recruiters here.
carlosrosario

Re: Remote work

Post by carlosrosario »

Hello, I have been insterested in working for the LDS Church But How can I apply ?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

carlosrosario wrote:Hello, I have been insterested in working for the LDS Church But How can I apply ?
https://www.lds.org/church/employment
klricks

Post by klricks »

RMiller801 wrote:I've been interested in working for the LDS Church, but I have a concern that
being employed for the LDS Church would cause a conflict of interest for
anyone who has worked for the U.S. Government DoD or any other
foreign government defense departments for this matter.
I am concerned that other organizations outside of the LDS Church could be
using the LDS Church communication systems for illicit activities.
For instance, the LDS Church has thousands of Stake Centers world wide with satellite communication systems
that are continuously transmitting data. If the satellite communication systems at LDS Stake Centers are typically used a couple times per year for general conference, then what other data is continuously being transmitted the rest of the time?
Does anyone know if the LDS Church actually monitors and/or regulates the satellite communication activities?
I don't think there is an issue unless you have a current top secret security clearance.
I have known people with security clearance who had to report any contact with foreign nationals. This can be an issue as foreign Missionaries and other foreign visitors would attend the Ward from time to time. More an annoyance than an actual issue though. My friend was once asked by the clearance people; "Why don't you pick a different church?"

As far as I know the decades old satellite system is a passive down-link only. So nothing to monitor.

I don't believe there is any Church communication systems other than the Internet /telephone/cell phone.
Assistant Ward Clerk
havierrodri

Post by havierrodri »

I think that here you need to check the person who will work remotely. Not everyone can concentrate their attention when a lot of things distract from work.

Return to “Technical Recruiting”