Calendar 3.0 released

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Calendar 3.0 released

Post by CrockettDR »

We may add some images to the help but the last help version had way too many. Images become a maintenance problem as things change and with the calendar in 11 languages.

To block the entire stake, you can either create a real event that blocks everyone, or create a restriction that blocks everyone except stake calendar events. Your stake name should be listed in "restrict event scheduling to" pulldown. I see the order list is random and should be alpha.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

In the Locations Details reports, is there an order to the way the events are shown? I can’t seem to find rhyme or reason to it.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

RBeatse wrote:In the Locations Details reports, is there an order to the way the events are shown? I can’t seem to find rhyme or reason to it.
Yes, they do look pretty random, probably in ID order, order of creation. I'll see if they can be sorted by date. The purpose of these reports are to help you find events to delete when you are getting deleting events when a ward moves out of a location, moving an event when you don't want to schedule a room anymore, etc. BTW, the number of events in that badge number doesn't count a repeating event as 1, each instance is in the count.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Another way to quickly jump months is just swipe if you have a smart screen.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

RBeatse wrote:In the Locations Details reports, is there an order to the way the events are shown? I can’t seem to find rhyme or reason to it.
Also these lists only include future events.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

CrockettDR wrote:
Also these lists only include future events.
Hmmmmmmm :idea: :?: :idea:
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Yes, too many stakes created custom locations that are duplicates of the facilities building calendars and that causes great confusion when wards move, stake split, callings change, etc. because things don't happen automatically for those custom locations that are not tied to a building. Using those lists, one can pretty quickly migrate all their future events to the real building calendars and delete the custom location. The steps are all outlined in https://www.lds.org/help/support/calend ... s?lang=eng
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

Can you update locations of previous events (like back to the beginning of the year)? We keep track at the end of the year on how many “private/non-Church” events in each of our buildings. Or, do I need to count them before I make changes to my Custom building?
mprusse

Turning calendar viewing on/off?

Post by mprusse »

Am I missing the way to turn on/off viewing of calendars as there used to be? Often times I want to see just certain calendars in the main view and you could easily turn on/off stake or ward calendars all at once. Now it appears I have to do that one at a time which is extremely inconvenient.
RBeatse

Re: Turning calendar viewing on/off?

Post by RBeatse »

mprusse wrote:Am I missing the way to turn on/off viewing of calendars as there used to be?
If only thee was an eye next to the Ward or Stake name. :idea:

Return to “Calendar”