access to handbook

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
mm8592

access to handbook

Post by mm8592 »

For some reason, I am not able to access handbook 1 anymore. When I try to pull it up, it says I am unauthorized. Can you help me with this? -Bishop Moore, Sugar Land 2nd ward
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: access to handbook

Post by russellhltn »

How are you trying to pull it up? On lds.org or Gospel Library? GL tends to go though cycles.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rscroggin

Post by rscroggin »

I'm also having trouble with it. I'm trying to access it from the LCR home page. I click the Handbook 1 link and I'm taken to the Title page for Handbook 1. All of the sections are displayed in the Contents on the left side. I click the plus sign to display the subsections. When I click a specific subsection I receive the Unauthorized error message as stated above. Every once in a while, I get through, but very rarely. I'm the Stake Clerk. Thanks.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I had the same problems early yesterday (about 7:00 am Central time). I was able to get to it in Gospel Library on my tablet but not via LCR on my home computer where I was doing some research for the bishop. I am the ward clerk and I did provide feedback.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rscroggin wrote:I click the Handbook 1 link and I'm taken to the Title page for Handbook 1. All of the sections are displayed in the Contents on the left side. I click the plus sign to display the subsections. When I click a specific subsection I receive the Unauthorized error message as stated above.
This all seems to be part of "new experience" which seems to be fickled. I've seen that as well, but it works for me, more often than not. You might try the usual drill of another browser, clear the cookies and cache and all that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rscroggin

Post by rscroggin »

Thanks. I'll give those a try. That "New Experience" slide switch doesn't appear anymore, so I'm getting the default experience whatever that is.
rscroggin

Post by rscroggin »

I tried your suggestions, but am still having the same problem.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I just tried it in LCR on my laptop and got access. Yesterday I got the unauthorized access message.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Church Account”