Spiritual experiences

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Soldierofgod1

Spiritual experiences

Post by Soldierofgod1 »

Why isnt there a place I can talk about my spiritual experiences? This is the best place I can find online.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Spiritual experiences

Post by lajackson »

Soldierofgod1 wrote:Why isnt there a place I can talk about my spiritual experiences? This is the best place I can find online.
This is a user-to-user forum for the discussion of technical matters by those who serve in the Church. It would be off-topic for this forum to discuss spiritual experiences.

You may be interested in a talk given by Elder Boyd K. Packer in the October 1989 General Conference where he reminded us that sacred spiritual experiences are rarely shared with others, "that experiences of a special, sacred nature are individual and should be kept to oneself." [Revelation in a Changing World, Boyd K. Packer of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, in General Conference, October 1989, Saturday Morning session. See also Ensign, November 1989.]

I believe that is why you are having trouble finding a place online to share those experiences. But in any event, this is not the place.
davesudweeks

Re: Spiritual experiences

Post by davesudweeks »

I think the best place to record your spiritual experiences is in a journal and then share them, as appropriate, with your family.

Return to “General Discussions”