Q: release single specific ordinance for temple patrons?

chrissv

Q: release single specific ordinance for temple patrons?

Post by chrissv »

Hello,
My wife and I printed some family file cards which need all ordinances performed. We sent the cards with our youth temple trip, so the baptisms and confirmations are done.
We can get to the temple to do the endowment, but not the initiatories, nor do we have people we could send them with,

Is there a way to release the names to have them done by the temple patrons for just the initiatories? I couldn't find an option on the FamilySearch.org web page to just have a single ordinance done by the temple patrons.

Thanks - Steven
davesudweeks

Re: Q: release single specific ordinance for temple patrons?

Post by davesudweeks »

Yes,

1. Go to the individual's person page
2. Click on the Ordinances tab
3. Click on the Blue "Share" button
4. Select "Share with Temple"
5. Follow the instructions and click the "Share" button at the bottom of the window that opens

Be advised that (at least in my experience), ordinances shared with the temple could take years for them to be done and you have no control over that process or timing. I always try to share with family/friends first if I can.
chrissv

Re: Q: release single specific ordinance for temple patrons?

Post by chrissv »

Thanks!
davesudweeks wrote:Be advised that (at least in my experience), ordinances shared with the temple could take years for them to be done and you have no control over that process or timing.
I seem to remember that there is a way to specify that the names should be given a priority (as compared with the other name in the general temple file). But I couldn't find any reference to that, so I may be misremembering.

Return to “FamilySearch Products”