USB Flash setup for Come Follow Me videos on Roku Player

Discussions on how emerging technology can assist the distribution of media content through mobile, kiosks, Internet, social networks, etc.
rknelson

Re: USB Flash setup for Come Follow Me videos on Roku Player

Post by rknelson »

The code I use to created the XML library definition files (XML formatted files listing the video name, along with a link to the video, a link to the thumbnail file, etc) is written in Python. It searches through the video library on lds.org to create the files. I'm happy to share what I have if you want it, just send me a private message. It's not what I would call production quality and takes a little hand holding to run it.
rknelson

Post by rknelson »

The Q2 2018 "Come, Follow Me" video libraries (April through June) are now available - all of the videos referenced in the lessons are included. Mormon Messages and Feature Films were also updated.
rknelson

Post by rknelson »

The Q3 2018 "Come, Follow Me" video libraries (July though September) are now available - all of the videos referenced in the lessons are included.
lfanelli

Post by lfanelli »

I just want to say thank you for creating this and keeping it updated! Great job.
rknelson

Post by rknelson »

The Q4 2018 "Come, Follow Me" video libraries (October through December) are now available - all of the videos referenced in the lessons are included. The Mormon Messages libraries (I suppose that name will be changing!) were also updated with all videos present as of today.
nathan.ellsworth

Post by nathan.ellsworth »

Hi. My wife is our ward librarian and asked for my help in getting the library organized to help teachers with videos for the coming 2019 changes. I just discovered this thread, which is awesome.

Are you guys working on updating the USB Media Library program and the XML files to support the new 2019 curriculum and whatever else will be affected by the 2-hour block change?

Thanks, Nathan
rknelson

Post by rknelson »

Nathan, I hope to continue to support them, but have not spent much time to figure out a way to automate the collection of video links. Stay tuned...
Timgoat

Post by Timgoat »

Is there an update to this project?
rknelson

Post by rknelson »

The full year of 2019 New Testament video library ("Come, Follow Me: New Testament Learning and Teaching Resources") for 720p (medium) resolution was just added.

Is this what you were looking for?

Forgive the whining, but it is a non-trivial task to manually adjust for all the errors in the media library web pages, and even more work to report them and get them fixed on the church media library web page (which I have not done in this case). For example, try playing the video "Patterns of Light: Spirit of Revelation" in the April 1-14 page in the media library.

I have not fully verified this library, but it looks correct at first glance. Let me know if you find any mistakes.

There are 278 videos in the library. The 7 videos below are not downloadable, and therefore not included in the library:
"For the Beauty of the Earth - Mormon Tabernacle Choir"
"More Holiness Give Me - Mormon Tabernacle Choir"
"Celestial Marriage"
"Love One Another"
"To Learn, to Do, to Be"
"Fast Offerings: Are We Not All Beggars"
"Infant Holy, Infant Lowly (Music Video) - Mormon Tabernacle Choir"
Timgoat

Post by Timgoat »

This is great! Thanks for the update. Any chance there will be an update for the general conferences, both current (2019) and past? I know Mormon Channel goes back to to 1970s. It would be great to have those.

Return to “Digital Media”