Adobe Enterprise subscription availability for members?

Do you have a useful link that involves the Church and the technology discussed on this site? Post your links and resources here.
kristagroll

Adobe Enterprise subscription availability for members?

Post by kristagroll »

Does the LDS Church have an Enterprise Plan for their members to use Adobe Creative Cloud at a Student/Teacher discounted rate? Or can they provide a physical letter (on church letterhead) that we are teachers for Primary/Youth in order to get the lowered rate?

Now that Adobe products require an expensive subscription to access for individual creators, it is increasingly difficult to create, as we once did for our callings. The cost of having the cloud services at our access is expensive. Having learned the magical tools that Adobe provides and now just using them primarily for church callings (for directories, bulletins, youth education, event announcements, etc.), they are difficult to justify paying $600 yer year to use. If there was an group option through the church we could reduce that to $330 annually, which would be easier to digest.

Currently, I am a youth instructor/leader and volunteer a lot of time and these Adobe products make it quick and easy to enhance my instruction. Please let me know if there are options for us to get these great tools.

See "Buying larger quantities, or for an entire institution?" at https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/buy ... ion.html#x

Thanks,
Krista
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Adobe Enterprise subscription availability for members?

Post by sbradshaw »

No, the Church does not have any enterprise software licenses available to the general Church membership. I agree that the cost of Adobe Creative Cloud would be hard to justify only for your calling. It might be helpful to look into alternatives. Adobe has established itself as the status quo, but there are quite a few alternatives to the various Adobe apps if you're willing to dig around and learn new processes.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
kristagroll

Post by kristagroll »

Thank you for the reply. If that ever changes, please post here on this thread.

I'm thinking there are a few others who may benefit. (Please indicate interest if you are reading this and it applies.)

K
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:It might be helpful to look into alternatives.
I realize it is not the same, but I have never had the $600 (or whatever) to spend on Adobe. So I have always done my work in the LibreOffice suite (I used OpenOffice for a time, never had the Microsoft stuff except at work.)

I have been able to do everything I have wanted to do. It does not cost anything to save my work to a PDF file for distribution, and that is what others usually see.
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

There are many other alternatives to most subscription/paid software/services (some are free, some are much less expensive). I found this site years ago and have tried some of the free options with varied success: https://alternativeto.net/
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I personally don't think the Church would ever provide enterprise software licenses for Adobe Creative Suite (or other software, like Microsoft Office) to Church members because it would be a significant expense for the Church, for little return on investment (most members are able to do everything they need to for their callings with other tools) and it could be seen as an official endorsement.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The church doesn't even pay for Microsoft Office for ward and stake computers. They want us to use the free OpenOffice/LibreOffice solution.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Links & Resources”