Login saves old password

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
clancywells

Login saves old password

Post by clancywells »

Why does the login save my old password? I changed my password months ago, but every time I log in to see the directory, my old password is still saved. So, I have to re-type my password every time I log in. Even though I type in my current password, it continues to save my old one. It would be more convenient if the login would save my current password.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Login saves old password

Post by russellhltn »

That's a function of your browser, not the website. What browser are you using?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The instructions for deleting passwords on Firefox are at this Mozilla support page.
The instructions for deleting passwords on Chrome are at this Google Chrome Help page.
The instructions for deleting passwords on Microsoft Edge are at this Microsoft Support page.
The instructions for deleting passwords on Safari are at this Apple community page.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
debbieduke

Post by debbieduke »

I just tried to login in to my account that was saved and it says its in correct so I tried to make a new one and it wont let me?

Return to “Church Account”