Baptism / confirmation consent form?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
klricks

Baptism / confirmation consent form?

Post by klricks »

When entering baptism / confirmation of a child, LCR now requires you to upload a signature consent form. However I can't find where to download this form?

Why do we even need a consent form when the father performed the ordinances?

Is the Church going to provide a networked scanner for this purpose?
Assistant Ward Clerk
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Baptism / confirmation consent form?

Post by russellhltn »

Looking at Handbook 1 16.3.6, I could see where it might be required in some cases, even if it's the father doing the baptising. Especially if there's a divorce involved. Undoubtedly, this requirement had more to do with past legal cases than any doctrine.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

The same thing happened to me just now when I created a membership record for a newborn baby.

The member or legal guardian must first sign the Child Record Form and upload it to create their record.
Child Record Form

Drop Form Here
or
Choose from Your Device
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
klricks

Post by klricks »

OK I found the links to the blank forms:

[Membership] --> [Create Record]

I did not think to look there because the child already had a record.

Hopefully in the future the filled in form can be printed.
Assistant Ward Clerk
AlexanderGrimes

Post by AlexanderGrimes »

I'm curious to know how the rest of you are accomplishing this. I suppose we could use a scanner app on our phones to take a picture of the signed form and upload it, but I worry about privacy concerns. Seems we'd be running the risk of having people's personal information in our photo albums in the event we forget to delete the picture.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I just hit my first one of these today, entering a child of record baptism from yesterday. Both parents are active members and there are no prior divorces that I'm aware of so it seems a re-implementation of the requirement that existed when we had to mail the forms to SLC to get the records created. I would have appreciated a notification of the change before I was in the middle of it, but that is the nature of our world these days I suppose. Before I had a device that could do this, I would scan them from the library copier on the other side of the building and sneaker-net them to the clerk computer with a thumb drive.

This time, I printed the form and took it to the father to sign. Then I tried to use Office Lens to get the document, but it had difficulty not cropping off part of the form. I finally just took a pic with my device and emailed it to myself on gmail so I could get to it on the clerk computer and uploaded it from there. Sometimes that causes problems for me with the text being legible, but it was OK this time (a little fuzzy, but readable). Then I deleted all the pics and emails.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote:Then I tried to use Office Lens to get the document, but it had difficulty not cropping off part of the form.
You might try to make sure the background contrasts with the paper. Also, make sure you're far enough away. Lens needs to see all 4 edges of the document.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote:
davesudweeks wrote:Then I tried to use Office Lens to get the document, but it had difficulty not cropping off part of the form.
You might try to make sure the background contrasts with the paper. Also, make sure you're far enough away. Lens needs to see all 4 edges of the document.
Thanks for the tips. I was far enough away that Lens could see all 4 edges (at least they were showing on the screen) and lens put the crop lines in random locations that had no reference to the page (it cut off several lines of text at the bottom of the form and the father's signature).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Yeah, I seen Lens act squirrely in drawing the lines, but when I push the trigger, it usually works out.

RayWach

Post by RayWach »

Having trouble completing baptism information. Trying to upload signed consent form with no luck. Any suggestions?

Return to “Membership Help”