NO record of my tithing payment in my name

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
ingodwetrust369@yahoo.com

NO record of my tithing payment in my name

Post by ingodwetrust369@yahoo.com »

My name is [name removed] and I have been paying my tithing online since the Church allowed me to pay online. All of my records of payment was to be under my name, [name removed]. But when I get to the tithing slippage, my Husband [name remove] name is on it and he pays no tithing because he is not a member of the Church. So when I go to his record of payment there are no payments recorded. So I have to pay at the Church as I used to and I want to pay my tithing online where my record of payment should be. How can I get this resolved? It happens every month and is so discouraging. Please help me, [name removed].

[moderator note: names removed to protect private information. The forum is open to the public for anyone worldwide to view.]
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: NO record of my tithing payment in my name

Post by russellhltn »

There's a number of things that have to happen before the system works as expected. First, your account has to have your MRN (Membership Record Number) on it. If it's not there, then nothing that happens on-line will show up at church, nor will anything at church show up on-line.

Any donations made at church also have to be associated with your MRN. That should happen when you donate to your home ward (but the clerks may need some prodding.) But won't happen if you donate in another ward.

In short, the MRN is the key so that the church's computers know "you are you". Without that, you're just someone with the same name.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: NO record of my tithing payment in my name

Post by jdlessley »

It is possible you are using an account that was made in your husband's name and therefore does not have your membership record number (MRN) registered in it. Anyone, both members and nonmembers, can make contributions to the church through the online system.

You can go to Church Account (https://settings.churchofjesuschrist.org/), sign in using the same credentials you have been making contributions under, and check the name registered at the Personal Information tab. Then go to the Membership tab, if it exists, and check to see if your MRN is entered there.

To correct any issues you cannot solve by making changes to the Church Account you should talk to your ward clerk to have him assist in getting you into contact with support.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?

Return to “Church Account”