Must select a room - for the Bowery??

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Must select a room - for the Bowery??

Post by Mikerowaved »

I'm trying to schedule an event at our building's Bowery using my PC, but I get the following error message:

"A room must be selected to schedule the Church Facility."

Room selections are correctly greyed out because I just want to schedule the Bowery. Can't get past this error!
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Must select a room - for the Bowery??

Post by russellhltn »

I think you've been taken in by the sliders. It's a strange bit of UI.

You have to click on the "knob" to move the slider over. (You can't drag it.) It's grayed out, because it's "unselected". If it was truly "grayed out" (unavailable) the slider would not appear.

If the Bowery isn't listed, then you've got a problem. You can't schedule it. You'd have to talk to a stake admin about adding that as a "room". You could always select a "non-church facility", but then, you wouldn't have blocked off the use of the bowery.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

The bowery is listed. I see I have to turn on the "Schedule All Rooms" slider to get it to take. An odd bit of logic, since there aren't any "rooms" in the bowery.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote:The bowery is listed. I see I have to turn on the "Schedule All Rooms" slider to get it to take.
That shouldn't be necessary. But that UI is tricky. It's presented as a slider, but it's really a button. You have to press the "nub" to toggle it.

By chance, is it the first or last item? Maybe it's not initialized properly.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:
Mikerowaved wrote:The bowery is listed. I see I have to turn on the "Schedule All Rooms" slider to get it to take.
That shouldn't be necessary. But that UI is tricky. It's presented as a slider, but it's really a button. You have to press the "nub" to toggle it.

By chance, is it the first or last item? Maybe it's not initialized properly.
Or is the bowery it's own 'building'? If it's setup as a building without any rooms then that might explain what's going on. If so, it might make more sense if the stake added a bowery 'room' to the bowery 'building'. You'd still have to select 'bowery' twice.
Last edited by eblood66 on Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:Or is the bowery it's own 'building'? If it's setup as a building without any rooms then that might explain what's going on.
I think you figured it out. I have one roomless "building" in my stake. I'm seeing the same behavior. There's no rooms to select, but you have to select "all" to continue.

drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Funny story:
Years ago, my stake added a pavilion to one of our meetinghouses. I set it up as a separate location in the calendar system, so folks could just schedule the pavilion without scheduling the meetinghouse. Years later, after my release, someone deleted the meetinghouse, leaving the pavilion as the only available location to schedule. Nobody knows who did it, and nobody cares, since apparently, nobody uses the calendar for that ward.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:Years later, after my release, someone deleted the meetinghouse, leaving the pavilion as the only available location to schedule.
That's curious, since buildings usually come from the FM database and are not delete-able.

drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I think the meetinghouse is still visible to those who manage the calendar, but the meetinghouse is no longer marked as a location where you may schedule events.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:I think the meetinghouse is still visible to those who manage the calendar, but the meetinghouse is no longer marked as a location where you may schedule events.
Ok, that makes sense.

Return to “Calendar”