Ward Directory not accessible by move-in member

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
davidrichey

Ward Directory not accessible by move-in member

Post by davidrichey »

A member moved into our ward over a month ago and receives a message "Contact Ward Clerk" when she tries to access the Directory or Calendar. Being in the bishopric I know we have her membership record. I had her access the church website while I was watching the screen. It has her correct name in the top right corner under "My Account and Ward", Under "My Ward" it lets her access "Donations" but gets the error message I described, when she clicks on "Ward Directory and Map" or "Calendar".

What is the ward clerk supposed to do?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Ward Directory not accessible by move-in member

Post by scgallafent »

Have you checked to ensure that her membership record number is associated actually associated with the Church Account she is using?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

More than likely, she never added her MRN to her Account (at least that one). Non-members can donate.

If she can't add her MRN, then the clerk will need to contact support to find out what's going on with her account. She may have another one that has her MRN.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

I called support and she has to contact them personally to work with them to add membership record number. Thanks for your help.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

davidrichey wrote:I called support and she has to contact them personally to work with them to add membership record number. Thanks for your help.
I had a similar conversation with the GSC last year. As the ward clerk, I called the GSC to tell them a member of my ward was having a problem recovering her username or password. They told me the member must call them directly. So I wonder why so many folks here believe that the ward clerk must call the GSC to help members with account issues?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:I had a similar conversation with the GSC last year. As the ward clerk, I called the GSC to tell them a member of my ward was having a problem recovering her username or password. They told me the member must call them directly. So I wonder why so many folks here believe that the ward clerk must call the GSC to help members with account issues?
Maybe it's changed, but GSC didn't want us handing out the contact information publicly. You'll notice that the phone number isn't in the "contact support" page of account.churchofjesuschrist.org. In fact, they got unhappy with us when we had a link to the support page that bypassed the FAQS.

It's clear they want someone else to act as first-level support.

If they're telling you the individual needs to call, then just hand out the number when a member asks. I don't like it, but that seems to be what they want.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

drepouille wrote:
I had a similar conversation with the GSC last year. As the ward clerk, I called the GSC to tell them a member of my ward was having a problem recovering her username or password. They told me the member must call them directly. So I wonder why so many folks here believe that the ward clerk must call the GSC to help members with account issues?

Re: Ward Clerk involvement. We had the member login on the ward computer so we could see what was going on. The dialogue box gave instructions to the member to contact the ward clerk to resolve and I even think the dialogue box said the ward clerk could contact Support. In any event I think that is why many believe the ward clerk was to call the GSC.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”