Out-of-unit member access to directory

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
davesudweeks

Re: Out-of-unit member access to directory

Post by davesudweeks »

greenhalghk wrote:I'm a clerk in a YSA ward, and the wives of the bishopric are considered out of unit members (belonging to both their home wards and this YSA ward). They can see their home ward directory but not the YSA ward directory. Is there any way for us to give them viewing access to the YSA ward directory? Thanks!
Have the wives been added to the YSA ward as out of unit members or are you just assuming they are out of unit members because their husbands are? I think you have to actually add the wives as out of unit members for them to see the YSA members.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

davesudweeks wrote:I think you have to actually add the wives as out of unit members for them to see the YSA members.
Yes. And give them a standard calling.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

lajackson wrote:Yes. And give them a standard calling.
As various systems are being updated to support out-of-unit members, this requirement is starting to become obsolete. The current online directory and map shouldn't require a calling and work is going on to update Member Tools.

Return to “Membership Help”