Download youth presentation video

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
wrigjef

Download youth presentation video

Post by wrigjef »

We will need to run the 5th Sunday youth presentation on three TVs in different rooms. Our Bishop is concerned that the building does not have the bandwidth and has asked a few of us download the video so it can be viewed offline. Accessing the website from my iPad I can see the download option and clicking it plays the video just fine but I can’t find the downloaded file to play later when I’m offline. Anyone know where that file can be accessed, I’m using ios/iPad
Biggles

Re: Download youth presentation video

Post by Biggles »

It would seem you can't download directly onto an iPad, but you can download onto a PC, then transfer it to the iPad afterwards. Have tried both methods and the PC download would seem to be the route to go!
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I have downloaded the 720p version of the video to a flash drive. I had hoped to use our WD media player, connected to a projector using an HDMI cable. However, I also want to pipe the audio through the octopus to the chapel microphone jack. But the WD media player doesn't have a line out or headphone jack. So I will have to use a laptop with a VGA cable, and connect the headphone jack to the octopus. I can't think of an easier way to do this.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:I have downloaded the 720p version of the video to a flash drive. I had hoped to use our WD media player, connected to a projector using an HDMI cable. However, I also want to pipe the audio through the octopus to the chapel microphone jack. But the WD media player doesn't have a line out or headphone jack. So I will have to use a laptop with a VGA cable, and connect the headphone jack to the octopus. I can't think of an easier way to do this.
See if the projector has an audio out. It will get the sound via the HDMI. It's probably preferable this way since if the projector delays the video at all for processing, it will delay the audio to match.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

The projector only has inputs: HDMI in, VGA in, audio in, composite video in.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

wrigjef wrote:We will need to run the 5th Sunday youth presentation on three TVs in different rooms. Our Bishop is concerned that the building does not have the bandwidth and has asked a few of us download the video so it can be viewed offline. Accessing the website from my iPad I can see the download option and clicking it plays the video just fine but I can’t find the downloaded file to play later when I’m offline. Anyone know where that file can be accessed, I’m using ios/iPad
iOS 13 (and iPadOS), which is scheduled for release on September 19th, will allow you to download files/videos to your iPad from Safari.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

Cool thanks
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

drepouille wrote:I have downloaded the 720p version of the video to a flash drive. I had hoped to use our WD media player, connected to a projector using an HDMI cable. However, I also want to pipe the audio through the octopus to the chapel microphone jack. But the WD media player doesn't have a line out or headphone jack. So I will have to use a laptop with a VGA cable, and connect the headphone jack to the octopus. I can't think of an easier way to do this.
I forgot that I had posted this comment in this thread. In another thread, I stated that I had forgotten about the special cable that came with the WD TV media player. It plugs into the AV Out jack on the player, and provides both audio and composite video output. Silly me.

Return to “General Discussions”