Youth protection test

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
davidfrankj

Youth protection test

Post by davidfrankj »

I took the Youth protection test several weeks ago, but I keep getting notifications to take test. How do I verify that I have taken the test?
davesudweeks

Re: Youth protection test

Post by davesudweeks »

"Early adopters" may have been missed. Our Primary President took it the first day it was announced and it did not log correctly. I recommended that she provide feedback and ask if they can see the training and link it to her membership number but she opted to take it again instead. Another member of our ward took it the first day and received an email confirmation that it was complete, but she did not show as completing it when the repaired report was re-released to the wild. I have not spoken to her to see if she took it again or if the church connected the dots on her training - she now shows as having completed it.
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

I am also curious to know the answer to davidfrankj's question: How do I verify that I have completed this training?
D.G.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I have taken it twice, but as ward clerk am not required to take it (I took it to understand how to help ward members if they have questions). I cannot see any evidence that I have taken it on my membership information and I don't show on the report. If you are required to take it, a member of the bishopric/branch presidency or your ward/branch clerk can see that you have completed the training in the report they have access to.
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

I had a similar issue after taking it on day 1. Had to go back and redo it. According to the reports in our stake, I think the earliest anyone was recorded as having completed it was August 26
johnobarr

Post by johnobarr »

I also took it on the first day and it shows that I haven’t taken it.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

davesudweeks wrote:I have taken it twice, but as ward clerk am not required to take it (I took it to understand how to help ward members if they have questions). I cannot see any evidence that I have taken it on my membership information and I don't show on the report. If you are required to take it, a member of the bishopric/branch presidency or your ward/branch clerk can see that you have completed the training in the report they have access to.
If you take the training but are not on the required list it won’t show up on the report. If you are called and entered in as having a calling that does require the training you will be credited with the training you already took. So it does track in the background.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

wrigjef wrote:If you take the training but are not on the required list it won’t show up on the report. If you are called and entered in as having a calling that does require the training you will be credited with the training you already took. So it does track in the background.
Yes, I understand that. However, there is no way for me as ward clerk to assist someone who took the training but still shows as "not complete" on the report. The training is not time consuming nor difficult, but some folks get very frustrated when they follow the directions as instructed and still don't get credit - and no one can help them. Telling them "sorry - try again and cross your fingers" is not helpful...
spencermjs

Post by spencermjs »

We have several members who are not particularly computer literate. We are trying to help them get an account and log in to take the training but not everyone has an account or a computer. Is there any way someone could take the training with a spouse, family member, or Ministering brother/sister, and have a clerk record that it was completed?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

It is my understanding they must have a church account linked to their membership record. Others can help them set up a church account, but if they take the training on someone else's account, the other person will receive credit for the training. Clerks have nothing to do with it (other than being able to assist setting up a church account or seeing the report). The training is actually linked to their membership record so they must be signed in as themselves to take the training if they want to receive credit.

Return to “Church Account”