New Marking Interface Today - and it doesn't work

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
mevans

New Marking Interface Today - and it doesn't work

Post by mevans »

I'm trying to study today and noticed a new user interface. When I click/drag over a section of text to highlight it, now a much smaller menu appears with two icons: one for highlighting and the other for taking notes. After highlighting something, it immediately brings up the style menu so I can change my style. That seemed fine...but the problem is that after I've highlighted something, when I click on it, all I ever get is the style menu: there's no way to take a note, add tags, put it in a notebook, etc. The previous action selection menu pops up briefly and is then either covered or replaced by the style menu.

If I select notes first, it does get highlighted and I can enter notes, but then it's highlighted and I'm back to the problem above. At least I can try to edit something because it's in the side panel if I tried to take a note. But, the Edit/Delete menu is messed up. You see the text briefly and it goes away. Delete doesn't work (or maybe it deletes my note by not my tag; I'm not sure yet). Edit bring up the screen.

Overall, it's a pretty big mess. I tried it in two different browsers and saw the same thing. I hope this gets fixed quickly...it's making it difficult for me to study.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: New Marking Interface Today - and it doesn't work

Post by sbradshaw »

Interesting, I'm seeing the same menu as always. Maybe they're doing some A/B testing?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Does anyone else have the interface? Is it working for you? I've tried different web browsers and I'm getting the same problem in all of them. It might even be getting worse. It's pretty much blocked me from studying online :(
BronJames

Post by BronJames »

It is terrible for me too. When I highlight one section, it takes my notes from the previous section and attaches it to the new phrase marked, so that my notes are getting all mixed up. I am also have problems with some scripture pages loading.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I tried clearing my browser cache a few days ago and still had problems. Yesterday I submitted feedback again pleading for help. I got a response this time, at least indicating my feedback would be reviewed.

Today I tried clearing my browser cache again and I have the old interface back. Hooray! I can take notes again!

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”