When does countdown for conference sessions start?

Discussions around the satellite system and video distribution.
aebrown
Community Administrator

When does countdown for conference sessions start?

Post by aebrown »

The women's session starts in about 20 minutes, but the satellite is still showing alternate programming. I thought the countdown was supposed to start by now. Should I be worried that I might be on the wrong channel?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: When does countdown for conference sessions start?

Post by russellhltn »

It's live now. It's sometimes pretty tight. As long as it's church programming, you're probably on the right channel.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: When does countdown for conference sessions start?

Post by lajackson »

The broadcast schedule showed "other church programming" in the hour prior to the women's session. They have been doing a lot of that lately. They usually end things early enough to put a short countdown clock up before the actual meeting, but sometimes they do not.

If they are not doing anything else, normally the clock starts at about 60 minutes, as it did before the morning session today.

I know about the morning clock because I was summoned out of town to help a three-ward building get the satellite up and running. When they plugged in the projector and turned on the sound to test last night (first mistake, but doing is last night saved them), nothing happened. Hence, my summons.

It turns out the video distribution amplifier was turned off in their satellite rack, and the cord to the audio distribution amplifier was not plugged into the left channel of the satellite receiver. No video. No English audio. Pretty thorough and complete failure in progress.

In spite of the commandment, Thou shalt not kill, whoever keeps doing these things is probably pretty safe, since I am never able to find out who does them.

Return to “Satellite”