Delete a missionary fund catagory designeated to an individual

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rashirtz

Delete a missionary fund catagory designeated to an individual

Post by rashirtz »

A missionary from our branch has completed his mission, and is now home . I transferred the leftover funds from his missionary account that members donated to the ward missionary fund. I want to remove his named category fund off the budget. But I see only a red X in the Income and Expense summary subcategory by this zeroed-out account, and cannot delete the closed account. Please advise.
eblood66

Re: Delete a missionary fund catagory designeated to an individual

Post by eblood66 »

You can't remove the account yourself. CHQ will do it automatically at some point assuming it has a zero balance. So you've done your part by transferring the excess. Now you just have to wait.
rashirtz

Post by rashirtz »

Thanks
rynchris

Post by rynchris »

Does anyone know what an expected wait time is needed for the accounts to be removed by CHQ? We have a couple of accounts that have been 'zeroed' out for a few months.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

It usually happens within a couple months. Where are you looking to see if it's been deactivated? If you're looking at the Overview tab in LCR then you'll see all accounts that have had any transactions this year even if the account has been inactivated. But if it's been inactivated it shouldn't show up as an option for online donations and I believe it shouldn't show up in MLS (although I'm less sure of that and I don't have MLS in front of me to see).

Return to “Local Unit Finance”