Member Tools bug

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
anitag

Re: Member Tools bug

Post by anitag »

No, my phone doesn't have a feature to automatically fill in phone numbers. I only noticed the problem because I was trying to call 511... I played around with it, trying three sequential numbers from different family members living outside of the state, who are all in my contact list. The only people that it pulls up as calling are people in our stake - mostly in the 1st ward...
anitag

Post by anitag »

I just wanted to let anyone else that had this problem know the solution per Tech Management is to turn of the caller ID in the Tools app. Sounds like the problem isn't fixed (shouldn't we be able to have the caller ID on?), but I turned it off in the app and dialing 511 now goes to 511 rather than random members in my stake...
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

anitag wrote:I just wanted to let anyone else that had this problem know the solution per Tech Management is to turn of the caller ID in the Tools app. Sounds like the problem isn't fixed (shouldn't we be able to have the caller ID on?), but I turned it off in the app and dialing 511 now goes to 511 rather than random members in my stake...
It definitely sounds like a bug (and the workaround isn't ideal). I'd follow up with the support person to make sure the issue is passed on to the developers, in case there are others who have the same issue.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
anitag

Post by anitag »

I didn't reply to the email, because I don't think they really bothered to read my email in the first place. This was their reply:

The Caller ID feature started in version 3.4.0. You need to check that caller ID on your device, if you don't want this function then turn it off. Go to Settings on your device to check Caller ID.

Thank you, have a nice day.

Response Team.
anitag

Post by anitag »

Ok, I went ahead and replied to their email explaining that I would like to use the Caller ID, it's just that it is creating a problem with dialing the 511 state emergency information number. They've replied saying that they will forward my email to the developers for their consideration. So hopefully, this will get fixed. Thanks for your suggestion...
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Thanks! I've found the support team sometimes requires follow-up on issues to get beyond a canned response – not necessarily at their fault: There is a lot of feedback coming in, combined with turnover of team members, ongoing training, varying levels of access to developers, limitations on how well an issue can be reproduced, and the fast pace at which technology and the Church's tools change.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Member Tools”