IT Service Missions

Interested in working for the Church? Ask questions and discuss opportunities with recruiters here.
chatlandkar

IT Service Missions

Post by chatlandkar »

Hello All,

Not sure if this is the best thread to ask in. I haven't gone on my mission yet, but will be soon. I am under 25 and have done a fair amount of IT for large enterprises. I am curious, are there missions with opportunities to serve with helping IT? Compared to the standard 2 year proselyting mission? I understand there are musical missions and things like that, and was curious if there was a similar opportunity for servicing the IT aspect of the church. I feel like I could really help a lot.

Any information you may have is appreciated!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: IT Service Missions

Post by lajackson »

chatlandkar wrote:I haven't gone on my mission yet, but will be soon. I am under 25 and have done a fair amount of IT for large enterprises. I am curious, are there missions with opportunities to serve with helping IT? Compared to the standard 2 year proselyting mission?
It is most likely that if you are able to serve a proselyting mission you will be called to do so. But during your interviews with the bishop and stake president let them know of your interest and willingness. Then be prepared to serve where the Lord will call you, and it will be the most wonderful two years of your life to this point.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: IT Service Missions

Post by sbradshaw »

The Church has a Young Church Service Missionary program that allows young adults to serve in various ways. However, the program is only open to those who are unable to serve full-time proselyting missions for various reasons, and its purpose is to provide an experience comparable to a proselyting mission. More information can be found here:
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/ser ... y?lang=eng

Regular Church Service missions (not in the YCSM program) are open to everyone and may be another option. These service missions will not have all the "trappings" of a proselyting mission – for example, you will not have a missionary companion (unless you're married and serve with your spouse), and your work will be more independent – but you will still be able to serve the Lord in important ways. More information can be found here:
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/cal ... y?lang=eng

Generally, if you are a young single adult, you will be encouraged to apply for a regular mission (proselyting or YCSM); however, the field is white and ready to harvest no matter where you go, and as you seek personal revelation, the Lord will help you to know what he wants from you.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Technical Recruiting”