Can't open Gospel Library app

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
grhoton

Re: Can't open Gospel Library app

Post by grhoton »

Put your device into airplane mode then click on the gospel library app icon. It will show a screen stating no internet. Turn off airplane mode and the library should download. I had what looked like a book turning pages on my screen. It loaded up with all the content.
suedeckard

Post by suedeckard »

I’m experience this same thing. The other problem the app had was that when I typed something in the search bar for topics, it would just spin. I deleted the app and reinstalled, now it won’t open at all.
mightykip

Post by mightykip »

jdlessley wrote:
macanjan wrote:I'd like to add my thanks to FayeKoreen for this suggestion which has two great merits - 1. It is simple to understand 2. It works !!
This deserves greater publicity than the end of a forum thread discussion, and would probably save quite a few phone calls to tech support.
The is a user-to-user discussion, self help, and support forum. We are happy a user has identified a temporary workaround for the issue. The structure of the forum does not provide any means to give greater publicity to a single post within a thread. It is up to the forum users to search issues of interest. In the end we expect issues such as this to be investigated by the developers and the issue resolved without a protracted need to rely on workarounds. We continually recommend forum users to report issues such as the one in this thread using the official channels. In this case that is through the Send Feedback link found in the app since there is no tech support telephone number available for Gospel Library.
It is really hard to submit a bug when you can’t launch the gospel library app. It is crashing. :D

Is there a web based way to submit bugs?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mightykip wrote:
jdlessley wrote:Is there a web based way to submit bugs?
There are email addresses for iOS or Android for just these occasions. Someone with better skills than I will find them, or you may try a search of the forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Unless things have changed, it's gospelstudyapp@gmail.com.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:Unless things have changed, it's gospelstudyapp@gmail.com.
This email is correct for iOS/iPadOS Gospel Library. Support contact info for other platforms can be found here:
https://tech.churchofjesuschrist.org/wi ... ry_support
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
amberreidhead

Post by amberreidhead »

I’m trying to down load the gospel library app to my new iPad. It doesn’t load and takes me back to my icons. Is there a fix for this issue? I’ve updated my iPad, reinstalled the library app and have the same issue.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not a iOS person, but you could try this fix described in this post. Yes, that was for LDS Tools, but I'm guessing it's a similar problem here - that somehow the iCloud account is bringing over something that's messing with the install.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
akrnshaw

Post by akrnshaw »

Thank you FayeKoreen! After multiple trys and failures, I tried your suggestion and it worked. Finally was able to open Gospel Library on my wife’s new iPad. I disconnected WiFi in home. Touched the Library app. Screen came up to allow over phone connection. The app opened I signed into our account and her scriptures with all her markings etc. came in. You would think someone in tech support would know about this. Thank you again.
acymackenzie

Post by acymackenzie »

I am having identical issue with a new iPhone X R.
Have tried everything - can’t download at all. Just shows the icon, try to open it, and it crashes every time....
Please help! Thank you.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”