LDS Account Membership Record Numbers

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Eunicemcmurray

Re: LDS Account Membership Record Numbers

Post by Eunicemcmurray »

Hi,i'm trying to update my account by putting in my membership record number and birthday but it isn't working instead i'm being told that its either i have another account or something else i don't understand please help me rectify the problem
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Eunicemcmurray wrote:Hi,i'm trying to update my account by putting in my membership record number and birthday but it isn't working instead i'm being told that its either i have another account or something else i don't understand please help me rectify the problem
Did you read the first post in this thread? It sounds like you already have an account and have created a second account.
ethanbrothers64

Post by ethanbrothers64 »

My minor son's access has been blocked for years after his sister tied his identity into her own while visiting a Family Search center at a Visitors Center on a whim. He's been a deacon for a year and has never been able to participate in Family Search activities. Getting his account reset has been frustrating and unproductive for months.

However, I was just able to recover his account access using his email address and updated to his preferred username & password but his MRN & birthdate are still associated to an unknown account. I am positive I have the correct MRN # - straight from LDS Tools app. The "Forgot username" link on the login page only gives options for Mobile Phone or Email. No MRN option to find out what email his MRN is tied to. What can I do to release/delete the unknown junk record and resolve his account setup with his MRN number?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ethanbrothers64 wrote:What can I do to release/delete the unknown junk record and resolve his account setup with his MRN number?
Ask your ward clerk for the contact information for the Global Service Desk. If your son is 13 or older, he'll have to call.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Apinatisoi

Post by Apinatisoi »

Please I try to enter my MRN it’s says wrong . But it was on my Temple Recomment. What happen ??
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Apinatisoi wrote:Please I try to enter my MRN it’s says wrong . But it was on my Temple Recomment. What happen ??
Your temple recommend is hand-written. It may have been written wrong. Ask your ward or branch clerk to check the number written on your temple recommend to see if it is correct.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Apinatisoi wrote:Please I try to enter my MRN it’s says wrong . But it was on my Temple Recomment. What happen ??
The hand-written MRN on the temple recommend is sometimes incorrectly written by the person who writes it. Have your ward clerk (or membership clerk) print you an Individual Ordinance Summary to be sure what your MRN is.

Another possibility is you might have another account that your MRN is tied to. Just a couple of posts above yours, davesudweeks suggests checking the first post in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=23062#p145465 for explanation.

The announcement thread/topic in this (Church Account) forum has suggestions and pointers for resolving problems like this. If nothing else works, have your ward clerk arrange contact with the Global Service Center. The GSC can fix anything, including many things that _only_ they can fix.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

It says it is wrong or is already used with another account. See this message.
gugulethumthembu

Post by gugulethumthembu »

Hi my membership number is [MRN removed], I've been trying to update my account but it keeps buffing. This has been going for a month now. Please advice. My email address is [email removed]
Last edited by russellhltn on Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information - this is a public forum
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gugulethumthembu wrote:Hi my membership number is [MRN removed], I've been trying to update my account but it keeps buffing. This has been going for a month now. Please advice. My email address is [email removed]
Please see the post just before yours.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”