Deacons Quorum Membership Visibility for Advisors

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
brettllewis

Re: Deacons Quorum Membership Visibility for Advisors

Post by brettllewis »

dsesplin wrote:This has caused a lot of problems for my wife also. She is a YW advisor and can't see her class. She'd like to be able to see birthdays etc to help interact with the girls.

Yes! Same for an advisor in a quorum. That would be amazing! But for now all I want is a list of who is in the quorum I am advising. As it stands right now if someone moves in or something that is a less active. I have no way of knowing (neither does my presidency) without asking for an updated list from my clerk every week.
nathanashfield

Post by nathanashfield »

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? I'm also ward clerk and was asked the same question by our Deacon Quorum Adviser today. He was previously the YM president before the changes and could see all the members of YM in LDS Tools. But since the re-organisation and now he's set to DQA, he can't see any members. Surely this is just an oversight with the permissions and could be easily updated?
jjmandeville

Post by jjmandeville »

This is a bigger problem now with no YM presidency. Hopefully advisors will be able to get class/quorum rosters soon. Is there somewhere to request this be reviewed?

Maybe the new communications app will help alleviate this as well. . .?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jjmandeville wrote:Is there somewhere to request this be reviewed?
Since the access permissions is a policy issue the official channel to get the concern reviewed is to convince your stake president to pass it up through the priesthood chain.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

jjmandeville wrote:This is a bigger problem now with no YM presidency.
There is a YM presidency (now called "Presidency of the Aaronic Priestood"). It is the bishop and his two counselors.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

The "Access Table" in LCR does not show anything for Advisors, so they definitely have been explicitly left out of Leader access. So anyone wanting to change this, first step might be to click the "Feedback" button at the bottom of the "Access Table" page.

Like others, I imagine the reasoning may be that an Advisor works in a support role of a Presidency member who has access to all that info. As the Church is encouraging Presidency members to be more actively engaged in things which they historically may have offloaded, they may view Presidency member access as sufficient.

Not saying Advisor access wouldn't be helpful, as pointed out it definitely is an inconvenience to not have that access.
colbyj

Post by colbyj »

This is a completely inefficient solution to supporting our YM and YW and advising them. Yes, it briefs well that our young men/women should and will lead out in their quorums. But we do still need adults to help advise and assist. Advisors not having the ability to view the actual membership of the quorums/classes they are to advise is not helpful at all. Who are we kidding?
I am a Bishop and this is quite frustrating. Sure, I am now the de-facto YM's president. That's a whole separate discussion.
The guidance earlier in this thread to "elevate this through priesthood channels" is also not helpful. I do not need to waste my stake president's time by asking him to "elevate" an issue with LDS tools. He has bigger and better things to worry about.

Why was it OK prior for YM presidency members to view the same, when we "in theory" also had quorum presidencies? Now, advisors cannot view the same?
We have this lds tech forum for a purpose.
To raise issues not requiring priesthood keys, etc... issues we can resolve or gain guidance on at our level.
those of you who are on the "inside" please do us a favor and elevate this accordingly and make the fix.
You have the means and better rapid access.
Please fix this.
thank you
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

colbyj wrote:Why was it OK prior for YM presidency members to view the same, when we "in theory" also had quorum presidencies? Now, advisors cannot view the same?
That was before, this is now. I'm suspecting there's been a change in the roles. Note that any legal issue supersedes "efficiency".
colbyj wrote:We have this lds tech forum for a purpose.
It's for user to user support.
colbyj wrote:those of you who are on the "inside" please do us a favor and elevate this accordingly and make the fix.
They are not the decision makers. The priesthood channels have stronger access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
colbyj

Post by colbyj »

thank you.
Sounds like I need to send a note to my stake president, who may then send a note to the area authority, and so forth?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

colbyj wrote:Sounds like I need to send a note to my stake president, who may then send a note to the area authority, and so forth?
Correct.

I thought from the messages here that Advisers have been given some access in LCR (although probably not as much as they wanted). If they have access in LCR, then it's probably just a matter of time before Member Tools follows.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”