Access calendars from another stake?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
rstephenson

Access calendars from another stake?

Post by rstephenson »

How do I view calendars from another stake?
Because the church built our stake center with a tiny gym we need to use another stake's gym for our activities. I is really a pain to not have access to that calendar.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Access calendars from another stake?

Post by russellhltn »

The other stake can share it's building with you. You can't see their calendars, but you can see if the facility is in use.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rstephenson

Post by rstephenson »

Not sure I understand the response. You say I can't see their calendar, but I can see if it's in use. If I can't see the calendar how can I see if it's in use?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rstephenson wrote:Not sure I understand the response. You say I can't see their calendar, but I can see if it's in use. If I can't see the calendar how can I see if it's in use?
You can't see the ward and stake calendars. So you can't see the activities.

But if you have access to the location, then the location calendar will show all the times that location (building) is in use. It may or may not list the details of the events, but it will show usage.

Note that you can't see a location calendar anywhere except on the churchofjesuschrist.org web page. It's not in Tools or the sync.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rstephenson

Post by rstephenson »

I've tried to find the location calendar and I can't. All I see is the time the ward meets. How do you get to the calendar?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Login to https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/calendar/month
On the left side of the window, you should see:
- Churchwide Calendars
- Your stake name. Under your stake name, you should see:
-- See Events By Location. Under that, you should see each location available to you. Click on the "eye" icon to the right of each location name.
-- Stake Calendars
- Finally, you should see your ward calendars.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
rstephenson

Post by rstephenson »

That shows my stake buildings. I am trying to access the calendar for a building in another stake that we use because we were blessed with a small building that doesn't handle all our activities.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rstephenson wrote:That shows my stake buildings. I am trying to access the calendar for a building in another stake that we use because we were blessed with a small building that doesn't handle all our activities.
The calendar admin of that stake would need to share that building/location with your stake. Until they do so, you can't see the schedule, nor can you properly schedule events for that location as a church facility.

chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

russellhltn wrote:
rstephenson wrote:That shows my stake buildings. I am trying to access the calendar for a building in another stake that we use because we were blessed with a small building that doesn't handle all our activities.
The calendar admin of that stake would need to share that building/location with your stake. Until they do so, you can't see the schedule, nor can you properly schedule events for that location as a church facility.
Thanks for this info, this just came up today for us as we're moving buildings and in the same situation.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

chriswoodut wrote:this just came up today for us as we're moving buildings and in the same situation.
If you're moving what building your meeting in, there's a good chance that FM will make a change to their database that will cause that building to appear in your calendar.

Return to “Calendar”