What is the 'Gospel Living' app? Where is it available?

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: What is the 'Gospel Living' app? Where is it available?

Post by russellhltn »

pjeffrey wrote:I can see that the android one was posted this past week
And that link is currently unusable for users countries where it hasn't been released yet (such as the US). The same could be true of any link to the Apple store.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
michaelrobertthompson

When will the gospel living app be available?

Post by michaelrobertthompson »

When will the gospel living app be available?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: When will the gospel living app be available?

Post by lajackson »

michaelrobertthompson wrote:When will the gospel living app be available?
It depends on where you live.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Another member of Elder Gong's "really cool quorum" gave this answer yesterday:

Mosiah 8:17.
pjeffrey

Post by pjeffrey »

Would it be possible to obtain the users manual for the app so we can begin training the bishoprics, advisers, and quorum presidencies? At this time many units are expending substantial effort in standing up an interim substitute. If they had a vision of the proposed app they may just choose to wait and focus on things they can do without goal setting and enhanced communication. Thanks!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I have never seen a users manual for any app the Church has produced, so I do not expect to see one for this app. I do not know why anyone would expend "substantial effort" to stand up an interim substitute. There are already plenty of materials available for the program to function without using the app at all, including goal setting.

There has not been an app for any previous activity programs, and things have managed to work. When the app arrives, it may certainly be a help, but none of our deacons will have phones and be able to use it anyway, so we are moving ahead on that basis for all of the youth at the moment.

It will come when it comes, and be a cherry on top of the hot chocolate and whipped cream. Even the youth are able to relate to that metaphor.
CrocodileLyle

What is the 'Gospel Living' app? Where is it available?

Post by CrocodileLyle »

Post date: 13 Jan 20

I am an expat in the UK and all my UK friends were able to download the Gospel Living App last night from their App Store (Apple) but it does not show up in mine yet. The only difference I notice between our iPhones is that their iTunes account Region is the UK while mine is still the US.

Can anyone please tell us why we cannot see it in our App Store when our region is the US while those whose region is the UK can see it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

CrocodileLyle wrote:Can anyone please tell us why we cannot see it in our App Store when our region is the US while those whose region is the UK can see it?
It's being rolled out in phases. It's not available in the US - yet.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CrocodileLyle

Post by CrocodileLyle »

Thanks. When will it be available in the US App Store?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

CrocodileLyle wrote:Thanks. When will it be available in the US App Store?
We've not been given a date. I'd imagine it depends on how smoothly it goes to determine if it needs any adjustments before continuing the roll-out.

Return to “Gospel Living App”