Mass Text Messaging Communications for the Church

When the Church has need of help from the technology community, we will post that need in this forum.
patch7903

Mass Text Messaging Communications for the Church

Post by patch7903 »

I have developed an application that functions like a CRM but for sending text messages. We are using it in our ward and it works great. It can be used on the ward level, stake level, or even in the entire US region. I would be happy to let the church use it for free. Reach out to me if anyone is interested in this. I think it could be very beneficial.
PaulL

Re: Mass Text Messaging Communications for the Church

Post by PaulL »

Would the application be able to pull the phone numbers (for sending text messages) from the Member List at LDS.org? (thus removing need for maintaining a list of numbers)

Also, would the application be able to tell the difference from a phone number that can receive text messages and those that cannot? I ask because one of my "pet peeves" is when a member sends a text message to me, but they send that message to my home/land-line which does NOT go to my cell phone and only arrives as a fairly cryptic email message which may not be seen for hours.

If it can do both of those, I'd be interested. (my two-bits)
kimtingey

Post by kimtingey »

patch7903 wrote:I have developed an application that functions like a CRM but for sending text messages. We are using it in our ward and it works great. It can be used on the ward level, stake level, or even in the entire US region. I would be happy to let the church use it for free. Reach out to me if anyone is interested in this. I think it could be very beneficial.

I would be very interested in what you have developed. How do we get in touch with each other? I'm the Bishop of a YSA ward and it seems like texting is the way to go. I haven't been able to get the "list" function to work in member tools.
lgweber

Post by lgweber »

I would also be very interested in using this text functions
jacobstimpson

Post by jacobstimpson »

I would be interested in seeing it.
bmangelson

Post by bmangelson »

I would also be interested in this. Please let me know how to contact you.
gpford5

Post by gpford5 »

i'm a secretary in our Elders Quorum. I have wanted to send a text message to the quorum. I go to Tools/Organizations/Elders Quorum/All EQ Members/ share button/send email text to list
and it doesn't work. The message fails to send either as text or as email. Any suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gpford5 wrote:i'm a secretary in our Elders Quorum. I have wanted to send a text message to the quorum. I go to Tools/Organizations/Elders Quorum/All EQ Members/ share button/send email text to list
and it doesn't work. The message fails to send either as text or as email. Any suggestions?
Is this is Member Tools, or LCR?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ebultez

Post by ebultez »

Sounds like he is in Tools, I’m trying to do something similar with custom lists. I added elders who I want our secretary to call, but when I try to share the list the app closes. Any help?

Return to “Development Help Wanted”