Video download problems

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
SMBlaylock

Video download problems

Post by SMBlaylock »

My Lenovo tablet using Android 7.0 will report that it has downloaded a video, but I cannot play back without being on WiFi (my tablet does not have cellular), and I still get the download icon when I go to start a video. I have verified that the GL app has storage permissions, I have plenty of storage space, I'm not on a VPN, I'm not using any type of ad-blocker, and I really don't think my ISP (Comcast) would see fit to filter my content. Manuals download just fine. The only problem seems to be with videos.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Video download problems

Post by sbradshaw »

Do you have an example of a video that isn't working correctly offline? Are you trying to stream it from the chapter page or from the downloaded media section in Settings? Is it a video you downloaded a while ago, or just recently? If it's one you downloaded a while ago, did you try removing it then downloading it again? What version of Gospel Library are you using?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
SMBlaylock

Post by SMBlaylock »

I've only really tested the Book of Mormon videos, trying to play them from their folder under Videos in my library. My Downloaded Media section is consistently empty, even immediately after an alleged download. I've tried multiple times, including doing an uninstall/reboot/reinstall cycle on the tablet. Version 5.3.1 (53148.46), Android 7.0.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Interesting. Could you check on your device if other media behaves the same way? For example, if you try to download a video and an audio file from a general conference talk, do they play offline and show under Downloaded Media?

Do you use an SD card, or is the app on regular internal storage?

Failing all else, you could try to delete and reinstall the app (though, make sure all of your recent notes and annotations are properly synced to the Church website or other devices first – and note that some things, like study plans, custom collections, and screens – don't sync).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
bookwalk

Post by bookwalk »

For a similar problem, I tried uninstalling, reinstalling the Gospel Media App 2 or 3 times on all of my Android devices and no improvement! I initially thought it was only the Gospel Media App (no reply when I sent in Feedback) but now find it also happening with the Gospel Library App--trying to download the same videos.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”