Ward History

Discussions around the Church Historical Timeline Application being developed by the LDSTech community.
emtolman

Ward History

Post by emtolman »

I'm the ward historian in my ward. My bishop has requested that I find all the bishops that have served our ward, and the dates they served, for probably the last 30 years. I don't know how to find this information. Can anyone help me?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Ward History

Post by scgallafent »

Church headquarters will have this information. Have your ward clerk contact the GSD for assistance.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Your ward clerk can also see that information in CDOL. If he goes to your unit there and expands the Historical Information section they are listed there.
Christiansenpa

Post by Christiansenpa »

I have been tasked by a member of the Bishopric with acquiring the names and dates of service for all of our ward’s Relief Society presidents since its inception as a branch.

Is it possible to locate and send me that information ?
Ward is the Elizabeth ward in Elizabeth,CO

Sincerely
Trish Christiansen
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Christiansenpa wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:25 pm I have been tasked by a member of the Bishopric with acquiring the names and dates of service for all of our ward’s Relief Society presidents since its inception as a branch.
If anyone can see that information in CDOL, it would be the bishop and clerk.

However, I have doubts if the calling of Relief Society president was tracked by Church Headquarters pre-LCR.

You may need to see if the ward or stake has any historical information. Church Headquarters might have it if it was turned into them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Historical Timeline”