What is the 'Gospel Living' app? Where is it available?

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
jokamura

Re: What is the 'Gospel Living' app? Where is it available?

Post by jokamura »

sbradshaw wrote:
jokamura wrote:Hopefully the ability to create and add people to circles gets added...soon.
Be sure to send this in feedback through the app.
Thank you for the reminder! I've just submitted my feedback.
"Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept, but know the difference between the two."
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

So I installed the Android app on my phone yesterday. Then I sent a message to my ward and stake leaders about the app availability. Crickets. Maybe they will care about it some day, but for now, I have not seen any evidence that my ward or stake leaders know or care about this new app.

I notice there are circles for the bishopric and the ward council, but not for the EQ or RS. No worries. I know this app is focused on the youth.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
youthofthechurch

Post by youthofthechurch »

When is gospel living ACTUALLY coming out?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

drepouille wrote:So I installed the Android app on my phone yesterday. Then I sent a message to my ward and stake leaders about the app availability. Crickets. Maybe they will care about it some day, but for now, I have not seen any evidence that my ward or stake leaders know or care about this new app.

I notice there are circles for the bishopric and the ward council, but not for the EQ or RS. No worries. I know this app is focused on the youth.
I am an admin for our ward facebook page - I posted information about it there and did see responses from some. I am no longer clerk so only see a circle for my family. Since my wife and I are empty-nesters, the current circles doesn't make a lot of sense if we can't add our grown children. However, we can use Marco Polo, email, and text for that.
cjallen1234

Post by cjallen1234 »

How do we get the 48min video?
warrior12345

Post by warrior12345 »

It just came out this morning :) :) :). I do have a question though. The circles feature will be very useful once people properly sign up to it. But it appears the list of who is in each circle is locked by calling and organisation. Is there or will there be a way to adjust these lists? I ask because there are no doubt people, like myself, who have callings that spread over multiple wards or would just like to be included in different circles and it would be a useful thing to have
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

youthofthechurch wrote:When is gospel living ACTUALLY coming out?
Did you check the app store? It came out late yesterday.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lindacox60

android - 1.1.3 circles never showing

Post by lindacox60 »

installed the app and clicked on circles. "may take a few min. . . . ." have been waiting for about 24 hours and nothing happens.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: android - 1.1.3 circles never showing

Post by russellhltn »

lindacox60 wrote:installed the app and clicked on circles. "may take a few min. . . . ." have been waiting for about 24 hours and nothing happens.
You should have been prompted to log in with your Church Account.

I'm not sure, but it seemed like it pulled some default login information from another app. Are you running an older version of Tools or Gospel Library?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

When I installed the app, I don't think it prompted me for my username and password. I think I had to look around the app to discover where to enter that information. But that was a couple days ago, and I have slept since then.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Gospel Living App”