Conference talk search results newest to oldest?

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
BrianEdwards

Conference talk search results newest to oldest?

Post by BrianEdwards »

I didn't see this answered elsewhere but I realize it may have been. From what I can tell, the search tool used on the main website does not support any type of query ordering. I often find that I want to search for the newest Conference talks on a topic, and generally the results come up with some really awesome talks from the last century (what logic they might be using to come up with the result ordering is a mystery to me). That's not bad, but when I'm looking for the most recent messages regarding that topic, it can be a chore.

Perhaps I'm just missing something? A secret key-code that I can pass in with my key-word?

And if I'm directed to "Use the Feedback link at the bottom of the page" to comment directly to developers, I'm fine with that!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Conference talk search results newest to oldest?

Post by sbradshaw »

If you use the Gospel Library app for iOS or Android, under the "Topics" tab in the General Conference section, when you choose a topic, the talks are sorted with the newest on top.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
BrianEdwards

Re: Conference talk search results newest to oldest?

Post by BrianEdwards »

Thanks! I was hoping for something like that which I wasn't aware of. I'm glad I can at least use this approach via my phone, not only for personal study, but also for my calling (I am looking for a Conference talk to share as a reference for a sacrament meeting talk that I need to assign, and having the most-recent Conference talks show up is a big help).

Return to “Main Church Website”