Deacons Quorum Membership Visibility for Advisors

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Deacons Quorum Membership Visibility for Advisors

Post by scgallafent »

colbyj wrote:Advisors not having the ability to view the actual membership of the quorums/classes they are to advise is not helpful at all. Who are we kidding?
Have you actually had one of the advisers check? (Hint: I know the answer and the fact you're asking the question tells me that they haven't.)
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

scgallafent wrote:
colbyj wrote:Advisors not having the ability to view the actual membership of the quorums/classes they are to advise is not helpful at all. Who are we kidding?
Have you actually had one of the advisers check? (Hint: I know the answer and the fact you're asking the question tells me that they haven't.)
So not fair, when did this change? I now have access to LCR and can see all this data.

However, the online Directory and Maps still does not show it and still has the cute little note on the side saying to contact your secretary or clerk.
Also, Tools does not show it either.

In Tools I've chosen to create a LIST of all the boys, it's at least a list for now, but GREAT NEWS! about access to LCR.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
housleym

Post by housleym »

I am Deacon’s quorum advisor. Since the start of the year I am unable to access a quorum member list on the Tools directory on my phone. I am able to access it when logged into the church’s website. Can you please fix this glitch in the Tools app directory for iOS phones? Thanks!
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

housleym wrote:I am Deacon’s quorum advisor. Since the start of the year I am unable to access a quorum member list on the Tools directory on my phone. I am able to access it when logged into the church’s website. Can you please fix this glitch in the Tools app directory for iOS phones? Thanks!
You have access in LCR. Other tools (Directory, Tools) have not been changed yet. I don't know the time frame for those changes.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

The beta version of tools for Android returns the list of AP quorum members, and YW classes also
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
gigco

Post by gigco »

Is an iOS version in the works to fix this visibility issue as well?
trorchard

Post by trorchard »

This is an ongoing concern. Are there any plans to fix this? now without a YM Presidency the advisors have to go to the Bishopric to gain access to even see a list of quorum members. This is untenable to also require the printing of lists and such to rest on the Bishopric.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

trorchard wrote:This is an ongoing concern. Are there any plans to fix this? now without a YM Presidency the advisors have to go to the Bishopric to gain access to even see a list of quorum members. This is untenable to also require the printing of lists and such to rest on the Bishopric.
According to a post from February 5,
scgallafent wrote:You have access in LCR. Other tools (Directory, Tools) have not been changed yet. I don't know the time frame for those changes.
In LCR, Reports -> Access Table says AP quorum advisors have access to Reports -> Member List, where you should be able to select Priests/Teachers/Deacons Quorum.
benihana21

Post by benihana21 »

davesudweeks wrote:
jjmandeville wrote:This is a bigger problem now with no YM presidency.
There is a YM presidency (now called "Presidency of the Aaronic Priestood"). It is the bishop and his two counselors.
I am a second counselor in the bishopric and can’t see the list of quorum or class members any more either. It has been frustrating for me as well. I’m hoping they reverse this change and allow us access again.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

benihana21 wrote:
davesudweeks wrote:
jjmandeville wrote:This is a bigger problem now with no YM presidency.
There is a YM presidency (now called "Presidency of the Aaronic Priestood"). It is the bishop and his two counselors.
I am a second counselor in the bishopric and can’t see the list of quorum or class members any more either. It has been frustrating for me as well. I’m hoping they reverse this change and allow us access again.
Where are you trying to see them? I am a counselor in the EQ presidency and can easily see a list of each of the quorum or class members in my ward. I am on the current version of member tools running Android 9. When I go to a quorum or class, it defaults to a list of the leader options to view. I have to tap on the "All Members" tab (on the right side of the menu bar) to see the quorum or class members.

I have no knowledge of how it works on iOS but I have read that the church tries to have feature parity between the different OS's, though getting to the same place may be a different path in each one (and features don't always roll out at the same time).

Return to “Member Tools”