Referencing an image

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Referencing an image

Post by russellhltn »

fletch74 wrote:At the risk of starting a new topic :lol:, I'd love some insights on how I get the image link to work for sizing in this forum . . .
To start with, you need a link to the image itself, a jpg/jpeg or gif. Not the webpage that contains it.

Such as this: https://i.imgflip.com/3pcqb5.jpg

Then use the "Img" function in the full editor and the post will appear like this:

Code: Select all

[img]https://i.imgflip.com/3pcqb5.jpg[/img]
However, you need an image that's 666 pixels wide or less. (Not sure who picked that value...)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
fletch74

Re: Starting a new topic

Post by fletch74 »

@Russell, thanks for the reply. First, please feel free to split this discussion about images. :-p Second, how do I resize an [img] in this forum? I tried instructions from (I believe) bbcode and failed to get it to work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Starting a new topic

Post by russellhltn »

fletch74 wrote:First, please feel free to split this discussion about images. :-p
Sure! We aim to please. (sometimes)
fletch74 wrote:Second, how do I resize an [img] in this forum?
I don't think you can. The image you reference has to be that size or smaller.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
fletch74

Re: Referencing an image

Post by fletch74 »

russellhltn wrote:I don't think you can. The image you reference has to be that size or smaller.
Noted, thanks!

Return to “Help with this forum”