Membership record recently created

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
ruffinsamuelg

Membership record recently created

Post by ruffinsamuelg »

I had a record very recently created in our ward. I'm not sure who created it, but it has very little information except the child's name and birth date. Plus the name is very likely a name for a male but he is recorded as a female. There's no prior unit or household members. No-one has ever met this child or heard of them (Bishop, assigned ministering brother, primary presidency, etc.) What can I do with this record?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Membership record recently created

Post by russellhltn »

I would call support on Monday and found out where it came from.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Just a guess: The description would seem to fit if the local proselyting mission had made a mistake in creating a membership record for a new convert. If that is the case, a call to the mission office could help resolve the problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd be curious about the age of the child. Missions don't get involved with 8-year old baptisms, but they are responsible if they're 9 or above.

But that does sound like a good theory.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”