Lds tools won't let me sign in

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
goanddo

Re: Lds tools won't let me sign in

Post by goanddo »

I have been unable to open Member Tools for a week or two, at least, on my Samsung Note 8 running Android 9.
I can log into the directory and calendar via browser on both my laptop and phone.
Password had been the same since it was working, and only has letters and numbers, including uppercase (letters, not numbers ;)
I uninstalled and reinstalled Tools from Google Play today with the same results.
The last time I had a similar problem was a few months last year, and seemed to be related to Leader and Clerk Resources access, but I no longer have that.
Thank you,
Allen
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just as a thought, you might try clearing all the data from the app. I'm not sure if uninstall and reinstall does that. Also, Sundays can be less than optimal with the high server load.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
yota1994

Post by yota1994 »

The App won't let me log in
I have rest my password countles time for over a year now with no avail. When I get to a certain point it says member tools aren't available right now please try again later.
Attachments
Screenshot_20211212-162027_Member Tools.jpg
Screenshot_20211212-162027_Member Tools.jpg
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

yota1994 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:26 pmThe App won't let me log in
Your account is not associated with your member record. Go to https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org/membership and update your account with your membership information.
ltellis

Post by ltellis »

the app won't let me log in. What version of Android do my tablets need to be in order to be able to use this app? I have Android 7 on one and Android 9 on the other.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The Playstore doesn't make it easy to see what is supported.

Church apps also rely on components. Make sure applications like Google Play Store, and Google itself is up to date.

The current version of the app is 5.0.2. If you're not able to download that, you might be locked out.

Note that the oldest version of Android that's still supported by Google is 12.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jpjones~ogr

Post by jpjones~ogr »

Monday I tried using Tools (from my Android based phone), but it opened up real funny, and I couldn't log-in. My best guess is the web support systems were down or messed up (which seems much more common over at least the last 12 months). For at least the next 6 months I expect more problems than usual with Tools, primarily because IT crews will be working out most of the remaining bugs in v5.

This morning (3 days later) I reinstalled Tools, and logged-in with relatively little effort.

I recommend learning what you can accomplish via the Church's website, at least as a work-around during times of Tools app' outages. The website has been a lot more reliable than Tools.

Return to “Member Tools”