Find a Meetinghouse displays incorrect address

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
gcarlson14

Find a Meetinghouse displays incorrect address

Post by gcarlson14 »

The Redrock YSA ward (174459) has moved to a new meetinghouse. The address has been updated in CDOL, and per the local FM group, the address has been changed on their end as well. If I look up the correct building (7800 Alta Dr., Las Vegas, NV) in "Find a Meetinghouse," it correctly shows that the Redrock YSA ward meets there. But if I look up the unit by searching for the unit name, "Redrock YSA ward," it displays the incorrect (old) address (6000 Alta Dr.). I'm not sure how it shows our unit at the correct address if we search by meetinghouse, but shows the incorrect address (6000 Alta Dr.) if we search by unit name. The FM Group says it has done all it can to resolve the issue, so I am hoping I can escalate this problem and find a solution.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Find a Meetinghouse displays incorrect address

Post by jonesrk »

If the changes were made in the last day or two I would wait and check again later this week. The maps system gathers its data from several places but it isn't real-time.
gcarlson14

Post by gcarlson14 »

Thank you very much! The changes were made last week, I believe, so it seems like this would have cycled through by now. But I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days to see.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I believe there's a way in the maps to submit data corrections as well.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Given that the data is correct for both locations, it seems like a search database/index file within the app needs to update.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gcarlson14

Post by gcarlson14 »

Thanks both! It is displaying properly today. Looks like I just needed to wait one more day for it to update.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”