Relief Society printed directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
drepouille

Relief Society printed directory

Post by drepouille »

A member of my ward Relief Society presidency asked me:
Is there a way I can make a list of all the sisters in the relief society program, in a printable format?
I responded:
The church changed the directory so it is no longer printable. I don't know if that is for privacy reasons or technical reasons.

You could print a Relief Society list from LCR:
https://lcr.churchofjesuschrist.org/records/member-list

However, for privacy reasons, that may not be wise. I get the feeling that the church wants users to use the Tools app or the online ward directory, rather than passing around printed lists, which are by their nature unsecure.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Relief Society printed directory

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:However, for privacy reasons, that may not be wise.
The biggest issue is who it would be shared with.

Keep in mind that some sisters may have set their directory visibility to "leadership only". Printing from LCR and then handing it to a non-leader could go against shier wishes. They may have wanted to be private for reasons of safety. As far as I know, LCR will not indicate whose information is restricted.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

What would you suggest for the senior members of the ward that depended on the printed directory for their info. They are not techno savvy.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Leaders can still print a directory from LCR but must be aware of those members with the restricted privacy setting and remove them from the directory before printout. For example as the ward clerk I go to the online Directory and make a list of those members/households with the Private - leadership only setting and then go to LCR and select the RS organization/Membership and print that directory after I select All Members and then go through the list to uncheck those with restricted privacy settings. It is the only method I have been able to come up with that considers the privacy setting when printing any directory.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
casper684

Post by casper684 »

Thank you.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”