authenticator app

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
ayoajibola

authenticator app

Post by ayoajibola »

I tried to set up the authenticator app on my phone, i could not complete the procedure, now the phone is lost and sometimes i am prompted to enter the code from the app. what can i do?
shanonstuartedwards

Re: authenticator app

Post by shanonstuartedwards »

I’m having the same problem. But to reply to this, I hit reply and it finally logged me in to my account. Maybe that will work for you. Is like to unregister for the authenticator also as it has been preventing me y
To sign in with my account, even with my member record number as an additional help. Good luck.
sabinon3rd

Post by sabinon3rd »

I have the same issue regarding church authentication app. The I gave the previous phone I used with church authentication app to my wife and we restore to factory default the phone. Now I have no more access to my account hence it is asking for the "Using Church Authenticator on A1601-Oppo F1s". Please help, I already sent a lot of inquiries regarding this, until now I didn't receive any reply.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

This is a common problem with people who reset/sell/lose the phone they used for 2-step authentication. Talk to your ward clerk and have him put you in touch with the Global Service Center. Once they can verify you are really you, they can remove the 2-step authentication.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
peckl1

Post by peckl1 »

I am trying to set up 2 step authentication on my Mac book. I went to the App Store and said there was not an app titled Church Authentication. What do I do?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

peckl1 wrote:I am trying to set up 2 step authentication on my Mac book. I went to the App Store and said there was not an app titled Church Authentication. What do I do?
You install it on your phone. When you log into a church site on your Mac book, you'll use your phone to prove it's you.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:
peckl1 wrote:I went to the App Store and said there was not an app titled Church Authentication.
You install it on your phone. When you log into a church site on your Mac book, you'll use your phone to prove it's you.
How does he get the app? Or does it work some other way?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:How does he get the app? Or does it work some other way?
The church app is for iOS and Android. It's installed from the appropriate app store.

The church also supports third party authenticators. Microsoft Azure Authenticator, Google Authenticator, and Authy were specifically mentioned.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Initial question:
peckl1 wrote:I am trying to set up 2 step authentication on my Mac book. I went to the App Store and said there was not an app titled Church Authentication. What do I do?
Current answer:
russellhltn wrote:
lajackson wrote:How does he get the app? Or does it work some other way?
The church app is for iOS and Android. It's installed from the appropriate app store.

The church also supports third party authenticators. Microsoft Azure Authenticator, Google Authenticator, and Authy were specifically mentioned.
So, how does he find out what the Church's app is called on the App Store?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rmrichesjr wrote:So, how does he find out what the Church's app is called on the App Store?
Probably easiest to find it by searching on the "publisher". It's called "Church Authenticator". But at least on the Google Play Store, it's getting a large number of one-star reviews.

Personally, I'd think really hard about using another Autenticator. The same app could be used for other sites as well as church.

Return to “Church Account”