Tags & Notes embedded within Scripture Text

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
Christopherst

Tags & Notes embedded within Scripture Text

Post by Christopherst »

Could it be possible for each user on their own profile to have tags embedded within Scripture text?

I have an image of an LDS Scriptures app that is no longer giving support for the app, but has this feature.

Here is an image of what I mean:

Tags could be more helpful if they were located within the text of each users profile because it would be visually easier to see what has been already been posted within the scriptures. I think its great to have a tag that one can search and find those tags in which ever verse or verses of scripture, but it seems helpful to be reading the scriptures and have the tags visually embedded.

Another thing is having tags dockable on the footnotes sidebar. Make two rows for the sidebar one for footnotes, the other for tags with a search function. Tags placed on the side can be expanded to reveal this example for "Seraphim and Cherubim". Is it possible when tags are placed in text that they can be color coded with the option of adding notes embedded also? Another thing is the ability to group tags together for talks, topics, and methods of study?
Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 11.02.34 AM.png
(1.84 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Example all together on ChurchofJesusChrist.org.

I think these would be totally awesome to add into each persons profile for personal scripture study.

Sincerely,

Christopher Stapleton
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 10.20.08 AM.png
(248.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 10.24.00 AM.png
(188.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 10.29.51 AM.png
(324.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by Christopherst on Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Tags & Notes embedded within Scripture Text

Post by sbradshaw »

Have you used tags in the Gospel Library app or Gospel Library Online? If you select text, you can add a tag to it. When a verse has a tag or tags, there's an indicator that appears in the right margin that you can tap to see the tags in the related content sidebar. On a wider screen, you can keep the related content sidebar open, so you can see the tags for each verse along with the footnotes, as you scroll, without having to tap on the margin indicator. All of the tags you've created can be seen in one place in the "Tags" tab under the Notes section.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Christopherst

Post by Christopherst »

I understand, but I was wondering if it could be embedded with the icon and the colored tags. I updated the first image that shows an example, along with other images from another non existing app.

I'ts really hard to see on a small iPad (which I do not own), let alone an iPhone or mobile device. I use a MacBook Pro for a disability I have. I think embedding the entries would be visually helpful rather than having the small icon that could represent multiple tags in one icon.
Christopherst

Post by Christopherst »

Let alone if one icon represents multiple tags, those tags couldn't be colored unless it was visible on the right sidebar.
Christopherst

Post by Christopherst »

Here is an example of what I mean about users being able to add their own content into the scriptures as an authentic member of the Church that only the user would see.
Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 11.30.44 AM.png
(3.05 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Christopherst

Post by Christopherst »

sbradshaw wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:50 am Have you used tags in the Gospel Library app or Gospel Library Online? If you select text, you can add a tag to it. When a verse has a tag or tags, there's an indicator that appears in the right margin that you can tap to see the tags in the related content sidebar. On a wider screen, you can keep the related content sidebar open, so you can see the tags for each verse along with the footnotes, as you scroll, without having to tap on the margin indicator. All of the tags you've created can be seen in one place in the "Tags" tab under the Notes section.
I have been using tags as you indicated even with a wider screen, but the problem is on Windows versus Mac Gospel Library, nothing is consistent and I use both tools (Windows and Mac). Tags in Windows don't allow me to sort them in line with an icon in line with the text. What's the purpose of making a ton of tags if the tags can't be organized into the Scriptures in an orderly way? On Windows, they appear by a filter, which is great, but I want to see them in my Scriptures.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Have you submitted this request using the Feedback functionality? Posting here is great to get responses from other Forum participants, who by-and-large are regular Church members like yourself. But even those few Church employees who occasionally participate, don't generally take our Forum discussions and then put it into their own internal Church decision-making. If you do submit Feedback (via the web pages or one of the apps), you can include a link to this thread so that the Church employee processing your request, can easily refer to your different ideas.
Christopherst

Post by Christopherst »

BrianEdwards wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:18 pm Have you submitted this request using the Feedback functionality? Posting here is great to get responses from other Forum participants, who by-and-large are regular Church members like yourself. But even those few Church employees who occasionally participate, don't generally take our Forum discussions and then put it into their own internal Church decision-making. If you do submit Feedback (via the web pages or one of the apps), you can include a link to this thread so that the Church employee processing your request, can easily refer to your different ideas.
Are you talking about the Feedback button in the Windows Gospel Library app or on the Church website?
Christopherst

Post by Christopherst »

BrianEdwards wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:18 pm If you do submit Feedback (via the web pages or one of the apps), you can include a link to this thread so that the Church employee processing your request, can easily refer to your different ideas.
I submitted feedback just today on the Church website.
Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 8.11.35 PM.png

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”